Jul 11, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Jerry Sands was in line for expanded playing time for the Rays when he went down with a wrist injury three weeks ago and today the team announced that he’ll require season-ending surgery.
Jun 24, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Jerry Sands would have been in line for extended action in the Rays’ outfield following David DeJesus’ fractured hand, but now Sands is headed to the disabled list with a strained wrist tendon.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Apr 11, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Joel Hanrahan will show off for interested teams in the hopes of finding work after having recovered from Tommy John surgery.
May 29, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
The club with baseball’s best record just got a little strong: the Dodgers activated Matt Kemp from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday. Kemp, the NL MVP runner-up in 2011, was off to a torrid start this season before suffering a strained left hamstring. Fortunately, he missed the minimum 15 days, and he’ll now have…
Mar 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2012 season. Up next: The Los Angeles Dodgers. The Big Question: How long until new ownership brings back the magic? Sorry. That was kind…
Feb 24, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
If I ever knew that Jerry Sands was a substitute teacher in the offseason, I forgot it. But this little anecdote from the L.A. Times made me laugh: Jerry Sands was awakened at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday by a phone call. The automated call was from the Johnston County School District in North Carolina, where the second-year…
Feb 15, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Quantity over quality was the theme of the Dodgers’ winter. The team signed nine free agents for this year’s roster, none of whom will cost more than $4 million in 2012. Let’s dig right in… Rotation Clayton Kershaw Chad Billingsley Ted Lilly Aaron Harang Chris Capuano Bullpen Javy Guerra Kenley Jansen Matt Guerrier Todd Coffey…
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)