Jul 11, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Jerry Sands was in line for expanded playing time for the Rays when he went down with a wrist injury three weeks ago and today the team announced that he’ll require season-ending surgery.
Jun 24, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Jerry Sands would have been in line for extended action in the Rays’ outfield following David DeJesus’ fractured hand, but now Sands is headed to the disabled list with a strained wrist tendon.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Apr 11, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Joel Hanrahan will show off for interested teams in the hopes of finding work after having recovered from Tommy John surgery.
May 29, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
The club with baseball’s best record just got a little strong: the Dodgers activated Matt Kemp from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday. Kemp, the NL MVP runner-up in 2011, was off to a torrid start this season before suffering a strained left hamstring. Fortunately, he missed the minimum 15 days, and he’ll now have…
Mar 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2012 season. Up next: The Los Angeles Dodgers. The Big Question: How long until new ownership brings back the magic? Sorry. That was kind…
Feb 24, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
If I ever knew that Jerry Sands was a substitute teacher in the offseason, I forgot it. But this little anecdote from the L.A. Times made me laugh: Jerry Sands was awakened at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday by a phone call. The automated call was from the Johnston County School District in North Carolina, where the second-year…
Feb 15, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Quantity over quality was the theme of the Dodgers’ winter. The team signed nine free agents for this year’s roster, none of whom will cost more than $4 million in 2012. Let’s dig right in… Rotation Clayton Kershaw Chad Billingsley Ted Lilly Aaron Harang Chris Capuano Bullpen Javy Guerra Kenley Jansen Matt Guerrier Todd Coffey…
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (87)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)