Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
The Blue Jays sweep the Yankees, Buck Showalter leaves me scratching my head and I get to use the word “boner” for an actual baseball purpose.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
This is a big trade. At least in mass.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
The trade deadline be crazy.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Kris Bryant walked the Rockies off and then the Rockies sent Troy Tulowitzki off.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired veteran third baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers this afternoon, but FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they aren’t done making moves.
Jul 11, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Braves closer Jason Grilli appeared to hurt his ankle covering first base on Saturday against the Rockies.
Jul 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Braves are drawing trade interest in closer Jason Grilli.
Mar 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s spring, and the Astros scored two runs, but it’s still a no-hitter!
Feb 10, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Veras is the fifth veteran reliever that new GM John Hart has added to the mix since the start of the offseason.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 3, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
This would’ve been cool news a year or two ago.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Jim Johnson worked out for the Orioles after being released by the A’s and most people assumed he was ready for a reunion in Baltimore, but not so fast says Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.
Aug 4, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Jim Johnson was released by the Athletics last week after he posted an awful 7.14 ERA over 38 appearances this season.
Aug 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Johnson saved 51 games in 2012 and 50 games in 2013 as the Orioles’ closer, leading the league both seasons, but Baltimore dumped him (and his $10 million salary) on Oakland during the offseason.
Aug 2, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The Orioles are reportedly interested in a reunion with reliever Jim Johnson.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Johnson saved 50-plus games in each of the previous two seasons, leading the league both years, but this season he posted a 6.92 ERA in 38 appearances for the A’s while almost immediately being stripped of closing duties.
Jul 24, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Oakland acquiring Jim Johnson from Baltimore and agreeing to pay him $10 million this season left a lot of people shaking their heads and now the move is officially a spectacular failure. And over, too.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Oakland’s move to acquire Johnson and his $10 million salary from Baltimore never made a ton of sense this offseason and it’s worked out much worse than expected, as he almost immediately lost the closer gig and has a 6.25 ERA with 23 walks in 40 innings.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 4, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
It would’ve been an unexpected early trade of a guy of Johnson’s stature.
May 30, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Jim Johnson once again struggled and got an earful from A’s fans on Thursday, and one of his bullpen teammates expressed disappointment with the home crowd.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)