Aug 16, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Phillies skipper Pete Mackanin has already said that Utley will not play in Sunday’s series finale against the Brewers and rumors are swirling that a trade is close.
Aug 9, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said he’s not looking to add a notable starting pitcher.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EDT
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Sep 25, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Garza is in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
Sep 7, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
The Brewers led the National League Central for 159 straight days, but they could fall all the way back to third place by dinner time on Sunday evening. Lance Lynn did a fine job of damage control for six innings and Matt Adams and Oscar Taveras both homered off Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals took down host Milwaukee 5-3 on Saturday night at Miller Park, moving to four games up in the division standings.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Brewers tried but ultimately failed to acquire David Price from the Rays in July because they refused to part with pitcher Jimmy Nelson.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The Brewers will get Matt Garza back in the rotation on Wednesday, when they’ll take on the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The Brewers have scratched rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson from Saturday’s start, but it mostly looks like a convenient excuse to manipulate their rotation this weekend.
Jul 13, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The tide continues to change in the NL Central. Playing with heavy hearts in the aftermath of shortstop Jean Segura losing his nine-month-old son, the Brewers were blown out 10-2 by the visiting Cardinals on Saturday afternoon at Miller Park.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)