Nov 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
It sorta makes sense I guess, even if it never goes down.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Sep 25, 2014, 10:28 AM EST
And given that Ruben Amaro doesn’t seem too eager to tear down and rebuild, is it such a bad idea?
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
On Saturday night, Ian Desmond became the fourth shortstop to have at least three 20/20 seasons in his career.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Rollins injured his hamstring while legging out a triple in the fourth inning.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Eric Campbell stole home against the Phillies, helping the Mets improve to 12-5 against their NL East rival this season.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Kyle Kendrick stormed off the mound following a frustrating sixth inning on Saturday. He apologized for showing up manager Ryne Sandberg.
Jul 25, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins needed 1,100 plate appearances total between 2013-14 in order for his $11 million option for 2015 to become guaranteed. He hit PA #1,100 during tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Rollins also has the ability to block any potential trade, so even if contending teams think having him locked into place for 2015 adds to their interest level it may be a moot point.
Jul 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Including one that is actually interested in Byrd.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
The Cardinals and Reds were both dealt some tough blows on the injury front today, but the Brewers are doing their part to let them hang around in the National League Central.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
Papelbon likes Philly just fine. But he thinks anyone who wouldn’t want to play for a winner is nuts.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 26, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins thinks the Phillies should have won not one, not two, but three championships.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Saying such things made fans mad angry at Jimmy Rollins. Will they now get mad at Chase Utley?
Jun 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Rollins has the last personal milestone he might reasonably expect to achieve in a Phillies uniform. Now he may be willing to wear another team’s colors.
Jun 14, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins singled off Edwin Jackson in the fifth inning this afternoon to take his place as the Phillies’ all-time hit leader.
Jun 13, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
I fail to believe that a major league GM doesn’t understand how walks affect at bat totals. I TOTALLY believe that Amaro would say such a thing to drive Phillies fans crazy, though.
Jun 6, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“Everyone is just looking in the mirror, looking around, trying to find that spark.”
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)