Feb 23, 2015, 7:49 PM EST
Times are changing in Philadelphia. The Phillies traded longtime shortstop Jimmy Rollins during the offseason and it’s likely just a matter of time before they cut ties with Ryan Howard and deal Cole Hamels elsewhere. But what about Chase Utley’s future with the rebuilding club?
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Dec 23, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
No, in a good way!
Dec 20, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
The Phillies could eye Asdrubal Cabrera as a replacement for Jimmy Rollins.
Dec 20, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
With the Phillies in the middle of a rebuilding effort, they are facing some tough (and long overdue) truths with their veteran players.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Rollins was officially traded from the Phillies to the Dodgers yesterday in exchange for right-hander Zach Eflin and left-hander Tom Windle.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Furcal is actually a year older than Jimmy Rollins at 37 and hasn’t been healthy since 2012
Dec 19, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Rollins waived his no-trade rights to facilitate a move after 15 seasons in Philadelphia.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
It took long enough, but Matt Kemp has finally been traded to the Padres.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Rollins is not tied to Kemp, at least not entirely.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:53 PM EST
And if it blows up, it could impact the Jimmy Rollins trade too.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Matt Kemp deal will come closer to becoming finalized when the outfielder takes a physical.
Dec 14, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
Via’s Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notebook in the Boston Globe …
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EST
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 10, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
The Dodgers have their replacement for Hanley Ramirez.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez’s replacement in Los Angeles?
Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Pat Gillick says he has Ruben Amaro’s back. Is it a vote of confidence or the dreaded vote of confidence?
Dec 7, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins, who already has plenty of personal history with the Mets, wasn’t willing to waive his no-trade clause to head to Queens.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
It sorta makes sense I guess, even if it never goes down.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Sep 25, 2014, 10:28 AM EST
And given that Ruben Amaro doesn’t seem too eager to tear down and rebuild, is it such a bad idea?
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)