Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 14, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Joe Nathan’s grip on the closer job is anything but secure and now the Tigers have former All-Star closers Hanrahan and Joakim Soria as other ninth-inning options.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
The only question for next season is what inning he’ll pitch.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Well, at least he’s consistent.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 3, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Four years after driving in 112 runs, Young excels in bench role.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Brad Ausmus didn’t learn a thing, apparently, after Thursday night’s debacle.
Oct 3, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Sep 10, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Soria appeared in just six games for the Tigers after they acquired him from the Rangers and was horrible with a 10.38 ERA, but prior to the trade he had a 2.70 ERA and 42/4 K/BB ratio in 33 innings for Texas.
Sep 8, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Tigers reliever Joakim Soria threw a simulated game this morning and felt good enough that he could be cleared to come off the disabled list as soon as Wednesday, according to Jason Beck of MLB.com.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Neftali Feliz has regained the Rangers’ closer role, but not his old velocity.
Aug 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Soria made just six appearances for the Tigers after being acquired from the Rangers in July.
Aug 10, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
Detroit placed pitchers Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning. Sanchez has a pectoral strain. Soria is battling an oblique injury.
Aug 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Joe Nathan blew his seventh save on Saturday afternoon, but manager Brad Ausmus gave his closer a vote of confidence.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
He was excellent on Tuesday night. And he showed why the Tigers will be better for having him every other night.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
Jim Johnson worked out for the Orioles after being released by the A’s and most people assumed he was ready for a reunion in Baltimore, but not so fast says Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Watch as White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu slugs a two-run seventh-inning shot off new Tigers reliever Joakim Soria on Tuesday night at Comerica Park in Detroit …
Jul 25, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
With Joakim Soria watching from the sidelines, the Tigers embattled closer shuts down one of the best offenses in baseball.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
When the Tigers signed Joel Hanrahan in May they were hoping the former All-Star closer would be ready to return from Tommy John elbow surgery by the All-Star break, but he hasn’t progressed as planned and now they’re not hoping for much of anything.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (152)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)