Apr 2, 2015, 9:39 PM EDT
Joe Beimel was released by the Rangers last week, but it hasn’t taken him long to find a new opportunity.
Mar 23, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The Rangers added veteran left-hander Joe Beimel on a major league deal earlier this month, but he pitched awful during Cactus League action and was given his release by the club this afternoon.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Beimel pitched well for the Mariners last season, throwing 45 innings with a 2.20 ERA.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Jun 13, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s 40, he’s from West Virginia and he goes after anyone who criticizes Yasiel Puig. It’s like I’m looking into a mirror.
May 18, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
The Braves just received some bad news on reliever Eric O’Flaherty, as the lefty was diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow. Losing O’Flaherty means the Braves have just one left-hander in the bullpen in Luis Avilan. As a result, the Braves signed Joe Beimel to a minor league contract per Tim…
Mar 26, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
As part of their cuts Monday, the Rangers released veterans Conor Jackson, Joe Beimel and Mitch Stetter, making the group free agents. Jackson, who finished last season with the Red Sox, was vying to make the Rangers as a right-handed hitting option at first base and in the outfield corners, but he was just 3-for-33…
Feb 6, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Texas added some depth today, signing first baseman/corner outfielder Conor Jackson and left-handed reliever Joe Beimel to minor-league contracts with invitations to spring training. Jackson’s career was derailed by valley fever in 2009. At the time he was a 27-year-old former first-round pick with a .287 career batting average and .810 OPS in 454 games,…
Mar 19, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
A profile of Davey Johnson in today’s Baltimore Sun. Gotta love Davey, so it’s definitely worth a read. Johnson, as you probably know, is now a special assistant to Nats’ GM Mike Rizzo. And unlike so many special assistant jobs out there, his isn’t about glad-handing season ticket holders and stuff — he’s actually contributing…
Mar 18, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that an MRI on the right shoulder of Huston Street came back “clean.” This at least eliminates the worst-case scenario of season-ending surgery or something of that nature, but according to Heyman, the club “will take it slow with him” and “look for another reliever.” Obviously, Street’s chances of opening…
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)