Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 9, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Kelly came down with biceps tendinitis during a Grapefruit League start on March 16, but he’s now ready to make his season debut.
Apr 3, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Edward Mujica is expected to fill in for Uehara early on.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Sean McAdam of CSN New England, the Red Sox have named right-hander Clay Buchholz their Opening Day starter.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Mar 16, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
He has been beaten up pretty badly this spring, and left today’s game abruptly.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Joe Kelly effectively knocked Hanley Ramirez out of the 2013 NLCS when the then-Cardinals-starter struck the then-Dodgers-shortstop in the rib cage with a 95 mph fastball in the top of the first inning of Game 1.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Joe Kelly has some bold words for non-believers.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Oct 5, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
NLDS Game 2 at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night was free of screaming and shoving, unlike Friday’s Game 1, but heated emotions are still simmering as the best-of-five shifts to Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
There’s history dating back to last year’s playoffs.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 1, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
John Lackey will pitch at the major league minimum next season due to a clause in his contract.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A good trade, I think, but it probably wasn’t handled 100% perfectly.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Not satisfied with adding Justin Masterson to the rotation yesterday, the Cardinals have added another veteran starter by acquiring John Lackey from the Red Sox. And, much like Boston’s deal to get Yoenis Cespedes from Oakland for Jon Lester, the Red Sox have prioritized the present by getting veterans Allen Craig and Joe Kelly in exchange.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)