May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 10, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Craig went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday’s loss to the Blue Jays, dropping his season slash line to .135/.237/.192.
May 9, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Allen Craig is scuffling at the plate, and the Red Sox are running out of patience.
May 9, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Willis was the Indians’ Triple-A pitching coach
May 7, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Nieves has held the job since 2013.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 9, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Kelly came down with biceps tendinitis during a Grapefruit League start on March 16, but he’s now ready to make his season debut.
Apr 3, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Edward Mujica is expected to fill in for Uehara early on.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Sean McAdam of CSN New England, the Red Sox have named right-hander Clay Buchholz their Opening Day starter.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Mar 16, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
He has been beaten up pretty badly this spring, and left today’s game abruptly.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Joe Kelly effectively knocked Hanley Ramirez out of the 2013 NLCS when the then-Cardinals-starter struck the then-Dodgers-shortstop in the rib cage with a 95 mph fastball in the top of the first inning of Game 1.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Joe Kelly has some bold words for non-believers.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Oct 5, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
NLDS Game 2 at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night was free of screaming and shoving, unlike Friday’s Game 1, but heated emotions are still simmering as the best-of-five shifts to Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
There’s history dating back to last year’s playoffs.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 1, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
John Lackey will pitch at the major league minimum next season due to a clause in his contract.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)