Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The Angels made a handful of pitching-related roster moves on Sunday.
Jul 5, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Rich Hill walked three batters and allowed a single to the only four batters he faced as a member of the Angels. He was designated for assignment on Saturday.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:06 AM EST
This isn’t quite on the level of the Athletics-Cubs mega-deal from last night, but we have another trade to report.
Mar 23, 2014, 2:26 AM EST
Diamondbacks starter Trevor Cahill couldn’t overcome his control issues and the Dodgers took advantage in the second and final game played at the Sydney Cricket Grounds in Australia, winning 7-5. They fly back home having swept the D-Backs in the two-game overseas set. The Dodgers rallied for a two-out run in the first inning when…
Aug 23, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
The Phillies, perhaps coincidentally, have started to play better since firing long-time manager Charlie Manuel and replacing him with Ryne Sandberg. With tonight’s walk-off victory, their third consecutive walk-off, they have won five of their last six games. On Wednesday and Thursday, the Phillies victimized Rockies closer Rafael Betancourt, who we later found out was…
Jul 31, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The non-waiver trade deadline hit at 4PM EDT today. It was pretty uneventful compared to years past, with lots of chatter but very few deals. Here’s what we had go down today before the non-waiver trade deadline: The Dodgers acquired Drew Butera from the Twins for a player to be named; The Orioles receive Bud…
Jul 31, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
2:09 p.m. EDT: The Padres are getting Kennedy in return for Thatcher, right-hander Matt Stiles and their post-second round competitive balance pick in the 2014 draft, according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock. 1:52 p.m. EDT update: The Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro reports that San Diego and Arizona are close to an agreement. The Diamondbacks would get…
Jul 28, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves “have shown interest” in acquiring left-handed reliever Joe Thatcher from the Padres. Rosenthal notes that other teams are in the mix. Thatcher, 31, has posted a dominant 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 29/4 K/BB ratio in 29 1/3 innings of relief this season for San…
May 15, 2012, 5:54 AM EST
Nationals 8, Padres 5: Bryce Harper golfed one more than 400 feet to straightaway center for his first ever major league homer. He also struck out on four pitches to Joe Thatcher and launched a really loud f-bomb. I love him for both reasons, frankly. And I love how the back end of the Nats…
Feb 24, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
One of the surprise teams of 2010, the Padres will try to rebound this year from a 2011 season that saw them lose an additional 19 games and finish 71-91. And just to make it a bit more of a challenge, the team will give it a go without ace Mat Latos, who was sent…
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)