Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The Angels made a handful of pitching-related roster moves on Sunday.
Jul 5, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Rich Hill walked three batters and allowed a single to the only four batters he faced as a member of the Angels. He was designated for assignment on Saturday.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:06 AM EST
This isn’t quite on the level of the Athletics-Cubs mega-deal from last night, but we have another trade to report.
Mar 23, 2014, 2:26 AM EST
Diamondbacks starter Trevor Cahill couldn’t overcome his control issues and the Dodgers took advantage in the second and final game played at the Sydney Cricket Grounds in Australia, winning 7-5. They fly back home having swept the D-Backs in the two-game overseas set. The Dodgers rallied for a two-out run in the first inning when…
Aug 23, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
The Phillies, perhaps coincidentally, have started to play better since firing long-time manager Charlie Manuel and replacing him with Ryne Sandberg. With tonight’s walk-off victory, their third consecutive walk-off, they have won five of their last six games. On Wednesday and Thursday, the Phillies victimized Rockies closer Rafael Betancourt, who we later found out was…
Jul 31, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The non-waiver trade deadline hit at 4PM EDT today. It was pretty uneventful compared to years past, with lots of chatter but very few deals. Here’s what we had go down today before the non-waiver trade deadline: The Dodgers acquired Drew Butera from the Twins for a player to be named; The Orioles receive Bud…
Jul 31, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
2:09 p.m. EDT: The Padres are getting Kennedy in return for Thatcher, right-hander Matt Stiles and their post-second round competitive balance pick in the 2014 draft, according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock. 1:52 p.m. EDT update: The Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro reports that San Diego and Arizona are close to an agreement. The Diamondbacks would get…
Jul 28, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves “have shown interest” in acquiring left-handed reliever Joe Thatcher from the Padres. Rosenthal notes that other teams are in the mix. Thatcher, 31, has posted a dominant 2.15 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 29/4 K/BB ratio in 29 1/3 innings of relief this season for San…
May 15, 2012, 5:54 AM EST
Nationals 8, Padres 5: Bryce Harper golfed one more than 400 feet to straightaway center for his first ever major league homer. He also struck out on four pitches to Joe Thatcher and launched a really loud f-bomb. I love him for both reasons, frankly. And I love how the back end of the Nats…
Feb 24, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
One of the surprise teams of 2010, the Padres will try to rebound this year from a 2011 season that saw them lose an additional 19 games and finish 71-91. And just to make it a bit more of a challenge, the team will give it a go without ace Mat Latos, who was sent…
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)