Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Matt Kemp deal will come closer to becoming finalized when the outfielder takes a physical.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EST
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 6, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Wieland made it back to the majors this in September after missing two years due to elbow issues.
Sep 5, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Wieland hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since May 6, 2012.
Mar 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The San Diego Padres The Big Question: Can the Padres stay healthy enough to surprise? The last two years with…
Mar 17, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but here’s some good news about an injured starting pitcher. While Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reported late last night that the Padres were fearful that right-hander Joe Wieland would require a second Tommy John surgery, general manager Josh Byrnes told Jeff Sanders of U-T San Diego this…
Mar 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Padres right-hander Joe Wieland underwent Tommy John elbow surgery in 2012, missing all of last season recovering, and now the 25-year-old is having more elbow problems that have everyone worried he may need another Tommy John surgery. Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that Wieland is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today and there’s…
Mar 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2013 season. Up next: The San Diego Padres. The Big Question: Can the Padres build on their strong second half from last year? While…
Jan 28, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
According to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, the Padres have signed veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia to a minor league contract. He’ll also get an invite to spring training, where he’ll compete for a spot in San Diego’s starting rotation. Garcia, 36, posted a 5.20 ERA in 17 starts and 13 relief appearances with the Yankees last season.…
Jul 18, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Joe Wieland had a promising debut for the Padres, posting a 4.55 ERA and 24/9 K/BB ratio through five starts after coming over from the Rangers in last year’s Mike Adams trade, but the 22-year-old rookie hasn’t pitched since being shut down with elbow problems in early May. And now he won’t pitch until at…
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)