Apr 16, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Right shoulder discomfort.”
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Joey Votto was colorful in describing himself to the media after hitting a pair of home runs on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips says the focus on on-base percentage is “messing up baseball.”
Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Votto explains his approach to one of his biggest detractors.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
Feb 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Votto addressed continued criticism of his approach upon arriving to Reds camp today in Goodyear, Arizona.
Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
In other news, Marty Brennaman is being silly.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Seattle bought out all three of Kyle Seager’s arbitration seasons and four seasons of free agency with a seven-year, $100 million extension. Todd Frazier plays the same position as Seager, is only one year older than Seager, and had very similar numbers to Seager in 2014 …
Dec 5, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto will be expected to go at full speed when spring training kicks off in February, having recovered from a quadriceps injury.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
It sounds like things are going well for Joey Votto, who missed the entire second half of the 2014 season with a quad injury.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Reds have underwhelmed under Walt Jocketty, but the Reds signed him to a multi-year deal to keep him around through at least 2016.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
If Joey Votto is healthy enough to return before the end of the season, Reds manager Bryan Price would like to see his first baseman back in the lineup.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto hasn’t been progressing as well from his quad injury as the Reds would have liked.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Joey Votto is finally beginning to make some progress in his recovery from a severe quad strain. According to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon, the Reds first baseman began taking dry swings and throwing lightly on Tuesday afternoon.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds made a handful of roster moves on Saturday, including calling up Dylan Axelrod to take Homer Bailey’s spot in the rotation.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
The Reds’ second baseman is on his way back.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)