Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base
May 29, 2015, 11:41 PM EDT
Bryce Harper was hit square in the back with a fastball and had the gall not to sprint immediately to first base. What nerve!
May 29, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg came out of Friday’s start after facing one batter in the second inning against the Reds.
May 23, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto made an unorthodox throw to help turn a double play against the Indians on Saturday.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 9, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Carlos Rodon earned the win in his first major league start against the Reds on Saturday.
May 8, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
He’ll serve the suspension tonight.
May 6, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Joey Votto is probably facing a suspension for this scene Wednesday at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park …
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Right shoulder discomfort.”
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Joey Votto was colorful in describing himself to the media after hitting a pair of home runs on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips says the focus on on-base percentage is “messing up baseball.”
Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Votto explains his approach to one of his biggest detractors.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
Feb 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Votto addressed continued criticism of his approach upon arriving to Reds camp today in Goodyear, Arizona.
Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
In other news, Marty Brennaman is being silly.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Seattle bought out all three of Kyle Seager’s arbitration seasons and four seasons of free agency with a seven-year, $100 million extension. Todd Frazier plays the same position as Seager, is only one year older than Seager, and had very similar numbers to Seager in 2014 …
Dec 5, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto will be expected to go at full speed when spring training kicks off in February, having recovered from a quadriceps injury.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)