Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Sep 30, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Derek Norris came off the bench to replace him.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
This year he hit .264 with nine homers and a .767 OPS in 99 games, including 47 starts at catcher.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Earlier this week A’s catcher/designated hitter John Jaso was believed to be on the verge of returning from an August concussion, albeit in a limited bench role, but now those plans have been scrapped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s hoping to come off the concussion disabled list later this week.
Aug 30, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
The A’s are calling him day-to-day.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Depth has been a major key to the A’s success this year, and it’s going to play a huge factor over the final five weeks of the regular season.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Jaso missed the playoffs last year due to a severe concussion. He’s out with brain trauma once again.
Aug 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
As first reported by Chris Cotillo at MLB Daily Dish, the A’s have acquired catcher Geovany Soto from the Rangers for future cash considerations.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EST
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
It had been almost 25 years since a pitcher had thrown a shutout without walking anyone or striking out anyone. Then Rick Porcello did it and showed what the game could look like.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 18, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
There is one lone sticker on the nameplates in the A’s locker room. It boasts the words “Clutch Norris” above Derek Norris’ stall.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s had strong words for Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado after he threw his bat during an eighth-inning incident Sunday that cleared the benches at Camden Yards.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 5, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
And Alfonso Soriano finally got a hit.
May 3, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The back of the Athletics’ starting rotation has been unreliable, so they may deal from depth to address the situation.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 4
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)