Mar 24, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reported earlier this month that “serious concern exists” about the structure of Hector Olivera’s throwing elbow. That report has been refuted by Olivera’s representatives and the 29-year-old Cuban infielder still managed to score …
Mar 18, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
The Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS in nine of the last 15 seasons — 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Can this 2015 group follow in those footsteps?
Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Joe Kelly effectively knocked Hanley Ramirez out of the 2013 NLCS when the then-Cardinals-starter struck the then-Dodgers-shortstop in the rib cage with a 95 mph fastball in the top of the first inning of Game 1.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“It’s a great place to be and it’s something I would entertain for sure.”
Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Craig, who was acquired from the Cardinals last July in the John Lackey deal, batted just .215 with eight home runs and a .594 OPS across 126 games last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Dec 22, 2014, 7:49 AM EDT
Understated, it is not.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
They’re getting lots of calls on him, though.
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
He’ll play for the minimum salary at age 36.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 AM EDT
Some quick notes from Saturday’s Game 4.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Randal Grichuk lost track of a ball at the right field wall in the first inning, contributing to the Giants’ big four-run opening frame, but he just redeemed himself with a game-tying solo shot high and deep down the left field line in the top of the seventh.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Travis Ishikawa’s bases-clearing double put the Giants up 4-0 in the first.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Good news for the Cardinals.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EDT
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)