Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 PM EST
Craig, who was acquired from the Cardinals last July in the John Lackey deal, batted just .215 with eight home runs and a .594 OPS across 126 games last season.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Dec 22, 2014, 7:49 AM EST
Understated, it is not.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
They’re getting lots of calls on him, though.
Dec 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
At the end of October, the Cardinals exercised a major league-minimum option for 2015 on veteran right-hander John Lackey. Now it sounds like some incentives are going to be added.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
He’ll play for the minimum salary at age 36.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
Some quick notes from Saturday’s Game 4.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Randal Grichuk lost track of a ball at the right field wall in the first inning, contributing to the Giants’ big four-run opening frame, but he just redeemed himself with a game-tying solo shot high and deep down the left field line in the top of the seventh.
Oct 14, 2014, 4:57 PM EST
Travis Ishikawa’s bases-clearing double put the Giants up 4-0 in the first.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
Good news for the Cardinals.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EST
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
Oct 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu vs. John Lackey.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:39 AM EST
John Lackey, the Cardinals and their Dodgers opponents may be our last hope at a four or five game division series.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Adam Wainwright will start Game 1 against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Craig had a season unlike any other first baseman or corner outfielder in 70 years.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)