Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 11, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Mike Leake? Mat Latos? It can’t be Cueto, can it?
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 AM EST
The groundwork for all that will happen this offseason begins today in Phoenix
Nov 7, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Trades surprise people all the time, of course, but something to keep in mind amid all the rumors swirling.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:49 AM EST
It certainly would take a lot of “stuff.”
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Johnny Cueto delivered eight innings of one-run ball and smacked a go-ahead RBI single in the bottom of the eighth as the Reds defeated the Pirates 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park, ousting Pittsburgh from the division race while allowing St. Louis to scratch ace right-hander Adam Wainwright from his scheduled start in Arizona.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
A flu bug has been going around the Cardinals’ clubhouse for the past couple of weeks and it took ahold of Matt Holliday on Saturday night in Arizona, but he is back in the starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale versus the Diamondbacks.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
After being limited to just 11 starts last season due to injury, Johnny Cueto has compiled a 2.06 ERA over 26 starts this season while putting up the best strikeout (9.0 K/9) and walk rates (2.3 BB/9) of his career.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)