Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
After being limited to just 11 starts last season due to injury, Johnny Cueto has compiled a 2.06 ERA over 26 starts this season while putting up the best strikeout (9.0 K/9) and walk rates (2.3 BB/9) of his career.
Aug 10, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Watch as Reds right fielder Jay Bruce climbs the wall to rob Giancarlo Stanton of a home run in the top of the eighth inning Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park …
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Henderson Alvarez has followed up last year’s no-hitter by being one of the best pitchers in the National League this season, but the Marlins have placed the 24-year-old right-hander on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
Tyler Clippard of the Nationals, Alfredo Simon of the Reds, and Tim Hudson of the Giants have been added to the National League roster for Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minneapolis.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Some bad news here for the first-place Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports that second baseman Brett Lawrie suffered a fracture in his right index finger Sunday when he was hit in the second inning by a Johnny Cueto pitch.
Jun 12, 2014, 7:12 AM EST
There must be a typo. It says the Rays scored runs. And won a baseball game. Against another team and everything.
Jun 8, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
The Reds could get Mat Latos back later this week if all goes well in Monday’s rehab start with Triple-A Louisville.
Jun 6, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“Everyone is just looking in the mirror, looking around, trying to find that spark.”
Jun 1, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Some unfortunate news here for the Diamondbacks. As relayed by Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona, center fielder and primary leadoff man A.J. Pollock suffered a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand Saturday when he was struck by a pitch from Reds starter Johnny Cueto.
May 26, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu was perfect over the first seven innings against the Reds this evening before Todd Frazier led off the eighth with a double.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Reds right-hander Johnny Cueto just made easy work of the Padres’ lineup, tossing a complete-game shutout in which he allowed just three hits and two walks to lower his ERA to 1.25.
May 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Nolan Arenado’s quest to break Joe DiMaggio’s MLB record 56-game hitting streak ends at 28.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)