Aug 17, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
St. Louis’ outfield is very banged up.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Jay has already had one stint on the disabled list this season due to his nagging wrist injury.
Jun 9, 2015, 7:56 PM EDT
Matt Holliday was placed on the disabled list Tuesday after suffering a right quad injury in the outfield Monday night in Denver. An MRI was taken, and the official diagnosis is in …
May 28, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Jay has been out since May 10 with a wrist injury.
May 14, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos will serve as the Cardinals’ primary center fielder.
May 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
For the second consecutive day, the Cardinals took down the visiting Pirates on an extra-inning walkoff.
May 2, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including an early NL Central battle between the Cardinals and Pirates.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
The Cardinals are calling Holliday’s exit “precautionary,” so it’s probably safe to consider him day-to-day.
Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2. First pitch at Wrigley Field is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET.
Mar 18, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
The Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS in nine of the last 15 seasons — 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Can this 2015 group follow in those footsteps?
Feb 9, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
He requested $5 million for 2015 and the Cardinals countered at $4.1 million.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 13, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Jay needed a scope on his left wrist in October after playing through discomfort for much of the second half. He still managed to bat .303 with a .372 on-base percentage in 468 plate appearances last season, and he then went 14-for-29 (.483) in the playoffs.
Nov 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
He’s expected to be ready for spring training.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Jay played through the injury since July, yet he hit .325 in August and September before going 14-for-29 (.483) in the postseason.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Shelby Miller vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Wong would give you the shirt off his back if you asked him. Maybe next time just ask him?
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
Did Madison Bumgarner get away with a balk in the seventh inning of his start against the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS?
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)