Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
It’s hard to get a read on James Shields’ market.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:48 AM EST
And a brief aside about how nostalgia can be toxic.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Johnny Cueto is set to become a free agent next offseason, but the Reds have a small window of time to convince their ace to stick around for the long-term.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
Jon Lester now has a personal catcher.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
And not having Dan Shaughnessy probably helped, too.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
“Everybody, this is Jon. Jon, this is, well, everybody.”
Dec 14, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
Via’s Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notebook in the Boston Globe …
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 13, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
The Cubs came out on top in the Jon Lester sweepstakes earlier this week and they are ready to make the deal official.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 10, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Add the Giants to the list of teams at least kicking the tires on Santana.
Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
I think it’s safe to say the Cubs wanted him, don’t you know.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
The market for Scherzer has been pretty quiet at this week’s Winter Meetings so far, but things will likely heat up once Jon Lester is off the board.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
It’s reportedly down to the Red Sox or Cubs.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Lester is soon expected to have final offers to choose from.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 0
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 22
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 85
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)