Mar 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Lester joined the Cubs on a six-year, $155 million deal in December.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes could see himself wearing a Tigers uniform for many years.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
Cubs president Theo Epstein recalled his courting of starting pitcher Jon Lester in an interview this week with Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com …
Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
Don’t feel too sorry for James Shields.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
The last remaining big free agent could choose a new team this week.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EST
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
It’s hard to get a read on James Shields’ market.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:48 AM EST
And a brief aside about how nostalgia can be toxic.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Johnny Cueto is set to become a free agent next offseason, but the Reds have a small window of time to convince their ace to stick around for the long-term.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
Jon Lester now has a personal catcher.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
And not having Dan Shaughnessy probably helped, too.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
“Everybody, this is Jon. Jon, this is, well, everybody.”
Dec 14, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
Via’s Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notebook in the Boston Globe …
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 13, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
The Cubs came out on top in the Jon Lester sweepstakes earlier this week and they are ready to make the deal official.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)