Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 27, 2015, 7:44 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Saturday that the Brewers’ negotiations for Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon were “definitely on life support, at best,” but it sounds like there has been some rekindling of that fire early this week.
Jan 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
With Jonathan Papelbon likely staying in Philadelphia, the Brewers are turning their attention back to Francisco Rodriguez.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:25 PM EST
A Jonathan Papelbon trade to the Brewers may not be happening after all.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
Papelbon is owed $13 million this season and will be owed $13 million for next season if he totals at least 48 games finished.
Jan 23, 2015, 2:50 AM EST
Milwaukee might have found a way to spend Yovani Gallardo’s money.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Would you want to live in this man’s home?
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 11, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Maroon suit with bow tie? Check. Cigar in mouth? Check. Carrying a bulldog? Check.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
And he’s the Phillies’ closer again
Sep 17, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon got seven games for the crotch-grab. Joe West gets one game for the Papelbon grab.
Sep 16, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
And though he calls MLB a “social institution,” he’s content to punt to the courts when it suits his interests.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
With this gesture, Jonathan Papelbon made triggering his 2016 option a tad tricker.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Papelbon made a lewd gesture at fans and had a confrontation with umpire Joe West during Sunday’s game.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Not that anyone particularly wants to look at it.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning on Sunday and responded to fans’ booing with what appeared to be a rude gesture.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 10
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 162
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (162)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)