Oct 11, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Maroon suit with bow tie? Check. Cigar in mouth? Check. Carrying a bulldog? Check.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
And he’s the Phillies’ closer again
Sep 17, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon got seven games for the crotch-grab. Joe West gets one game for the Papelbon grab.
Sep 16, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
And though he calls MLB a “social institution,” he’s content to punt to the courts when it suits his interests.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
With this gesture, Jonathan Papelbon made triggering his 2016 option a tad tricker.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Papelbon made a lewd gesture at fans and had a confrontation with umpire Joe West during Sunday’s game.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Not that anyone particularly wants to look at it.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning on Sunday and responded to fans’ booing with what appeared to be a rude gesture.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 24, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
GM Ruben Amaro is flummoxed that Jonathan Papelbon, who cleared waivers, hasn’t drawn more trade interest.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon was booed by Phillies fans this afternoon, but it didn’t bother him. In fact, he says bring it on.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The Giants’ 9-6 victory over the Phillies lasted 14 innings, involved 16 pitchers throwing 507 times to the plate, took five hours and 46 minutes, included more cramping than a track meet for septuagenarians and it finally ended 7 minutes before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning at Citizens Bank Park when Tim Lincecum really and truly recorded his first career save.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon has made it very clear that he’d waive his veto rights and welcome a trade to a contender, and Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles talked to “a baseball source” who expects the Dodgers to make a run for the 33-year-old right-hander.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The Pirates are focused on adding pitching in advance of the July non-waiver trade deadline.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
Papelbon likes Philly just fine. But he thinks anyone who wouldn’t want to play for a winner is nuts.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 29
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)