Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 9, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
Papelbon being Papelbon?
Apr 8, 2015, 8:24 PM EDT
Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon didn’t say anything overly unreasonable in this interview Wednesday afternoon with Julian Benbow of the Boston Globe, but his comments are sure to bother somebody out there.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 31, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com shares the news …
Mar 28, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon said last month that he would be interested in a trade to the Blue Jays and it appears that the possibility might still have some legs.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 14, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Francisco Rodriguez could have signed for more money elsewhere, but says that comfort and fit led him to sign with the Brewers.
Mar 7, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Is Jonathan Papelbon delusional?
Feb 26, 2015, 3:18 PM EDT
Milwaukee out, Toronto in?
Feb 22, 2015, 10:28 PM EDT
The Brewers are still plenty interested in bringing Francisco Rodriguez on board. The veteran is reportedly asking for a $10 million salary.
Feb 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Feb 2, 2015, 10:39 PM EDT
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said that he is discussing Papelbon with more than one club.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
The Brewers remain in the market for a closer, but trade talks for Papelbon don’t have much momentum at the moment.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Cotts compiled a 2.84 ERA in 131 appearances with the Rangers over the past two seasons.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 27, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Saturday that the Brewers’ negotiations for Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon were “definitely on life support, at best,” but it sounds like there has been some rekindling of that fire early this week.
Jan 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
With Jonathan Papelbon likely staying in Philadelphia, the Brewers are turning their attention back to Francisco Rodriguez.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
A Jonathan Papelbon trade to the Brewers may not be happening after all.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Papelbon is owed $13 million this season and will be owed $13 million for next season if he totals at least 48 games finished.
Jan 23, 2015, 2:50 AM EDT
Milwaukee might have found a way to spend Yovani Gallardo’s money.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Would you want to live in this man’s home?
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 0
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)