Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
Aug 3, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Robbie Grossman made the highlight reels on Saturday night, preserving the Astros’ lead by robbing Juan Francisco of a two-run home run in the eighth inning.
Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Mike Morin and Hank Conger did a reenactment of sorts of the famous Pete Rose/Bob Boone play from the 1980 World Series.
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Could you turn down a guaranteed $75 million? Gregory Polanco has. And may continue to do so, for good reason.
Mar 26, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Houston Astros. The Big Question: One hundred losses again, right? Depends on how long the Astros keep their prospects on…
Mar 3, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Kristie Rieken of the Associated Press has a really interesting read on Astros prospect Jonathan Singleton, who served a 50-game suspension at the start of last season after a second positive test for marijuana use. Singleton, who had a month-long stay at an in-patient rehab center, was brutally honest about the impact the drug had…
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)