Jun 1, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Seems like a stretch to me, but it’s interesting enough to talk about and to illustrate how fandom works.
May 23, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
The Houston Astros used a 5-4-3 triple play to get out of a jam against the Tigers on Saturday.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Lowrie suffered the injury while sliding into home plate in the eighth inning of Monday’s 9-4 win over the Padres and flew to Houston for an MRI on Tuesday. That exam revealed the ligament tear, which will require surgery to repair …
Dec 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Two offseasons ago the Astros traded Jed Lowrie to the A’s for Chris Carter, Brad Peacock, and Max Stassi.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
There’s something to talk about in Houston besides yesterday’s leaked documents and PR disaster.
May 31, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win from the red-hot (you heard me right) Astros.
Apr 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Watch as Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar flashes range and arm strength to keep his club on top of the Rangers in the bottom of the 10th inning Saturday night in Arlington, Texas …
Sep 29, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Yankees brought half a team to Houston, but that was enough to get a three-game sweep and conclude the Astros’ historic season with 15 straight losses. They’re the first team since the 1899 Cleveland Spiders to lose their final 15 games. The Astros ended up 51-111. They’re the 12th team since 1900 ever to…
Sep 5, 2013, 6:52 AM EDT
Red Sox 20, Tigers 4: Well, that was something. Eight homers in all for the Red Sox. Two from David Ortiz, who picked up his 2,000th career hit as well. Injury added to insult: Jose Iglesias left the game with shin splints. Cardinals 5, Reds 4: A sixteen inning affair in which Matt Adams homered…
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)