Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
Jan 17, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
ESPN’s Adam Rubin is reporting that the Mets and starter Dillon Gee have agreed on a $3.625 million salary for 2014 in the right-hander’s first year of arbitration eligibility. The deal is at the exact midpoint between the $4.05 million for which Gee filed, and the $3.2 million for which the Mets filed. Gee, who…
Mar 2, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Adam Rubin has the details: “So, from my standpoint, his arm is fine, as far as we know. Was he ready to pitch when he came into camp? No. Even he may have been a little surprised by that. So that leaves us where we are today. And where we are today is getting him…
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)