Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 14, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Royals appear to have thrown their hat in the ring in the battle for free agent Jon Lester’s services.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp was removed from Tuesday night’s American League Wild Card Game before the bottom of the 11th inning with an apparent hamstring injury.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
He didn’t cover very much ground before the dive, but A’s outfielder Jonny Gomes saved a couple of runs with this two-out grab in the bottom of the third inning Tuesday at Houston’s Minute Maid Park …
Aug 10, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes went yard in a big spot to notch his first home run as a member of the Red Sox.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
Seems that Gomes knows more about team chemistry than the people who hold him up as a paragon of good chemistry.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
We didn’t see this coming!
Jul 19, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since May 23 with a right hamstring strain and a back injury.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Last week the Mariners were said to be interested in Phillies outfielder Marlon Byrd and now their search for a right-handed hitter apparently includes Royals designated hitter Billy Butler.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Gomes is making $5 million in the second season of a two-year, $10 million deal, but at age 33 he’s struggled at the plate by hitting just .234 with five homers and a .680 OPS in 67 games.
Jun 17, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Red Sox super utilityman Brock Holt came out of nowhere to make a leaping catch on this ball that left fielder Jonny Gomes lost in the twilight Tuesday night at Fenway Park …
May 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Shane Victorino hurt his right hamstring again and might need some extra time to get back.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 26, 2014, 2:50 AM EST
To bunt or not to bunt…
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
Apr 24, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since spring training with a hamstring strain, but he’ll make his season debut tonight against the Yankees.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Daniel Nava is headed to the minors one season after hitting .303.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)