Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 14, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Watch a motivational speaker break a brick over Fredi Gonzalez’s chest, if you’re into that kind of thing.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes could see himself wearing a Tigers uniform for many years.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
Young was non-tendered by the Mets in December.
The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now.
Jan 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
I’m sorry, Mr. Calcaterra. All the tests are back. There’s no delicate way to put this, so I’ll just say it. Your team has . . . gravitas.
Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 PM EDT
Gomes will likely be used as part of a left field platoon with Atlanta.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 14, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Royals appear to have thrown their hat in the ring in the battle for free agent Jon Lester’s services.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EDT
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp was removed from Tuesday night’s American League Wild Card Game before the bottom of the 11th inning with an apparent hamstring injury.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
He didn’t cover very much ground before the dive, but A’s outfielder Jonny Gomes saved a couple of runs with this two-out grab in the bottom of the third inning Tuesday at Houston’s Minute Maid Park …
Aug 10, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes went yard in a big spot to notch his first home run as a member of the Red Sox.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
Seems that Gomes knows more about team chemistry than the people who hold him up as a paragon of good chemistry.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
We didn’t see this coming!
Jul 19, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since May 23 with a right hamstring strain and a back injury.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)