Feb 25, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Most people are high on the Nationals this season, but outfielder Bryce Harper might be the highest of all. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com spoke with Harper on Wednesday …
Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EST
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Jordan Zimmermann can become a free agent after the 2015 season, and he won’t discuss a contract extension once the regular season starts.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EST
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
According to a report, the Nationals plan to use a “super rotation” in 2015 that includes newcomer Max Scherzer along with Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, Doug Fister, and Gio Gonzalez.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EST
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
The Nationals and Max Scherzer have reportedly agreed on a seven-year deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer is talking with the Nationals and at least one other team about a seven-year contract.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
The Nationals will make another attempt to lock Jordan Zimmermann up long-term.
Dec 7, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
The GIBBYs were initiated by MLB in 2002. They’re a bit silly, but any reason is a good reason to watch that play again. Souza got a Best Buy gift card from Jordan Zimmermann for the effort.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Zimmermann has just one season remaining until he’s eligible for free agency and the 28-year-old right-hander is in line for a massive payday.
Nov 19, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
There may be a shiny new HDMI cable in Souza’s future.
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Triple-digits on the fastball as a reliever?
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann versus Drew Storen was not a gimme.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (328)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)