Aug 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Jose Abreu hasn’t been retired since Wednesday, and is on a 21-game hitting streak. One could argue he’s having a pretty good season.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Watch as White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu slugs a two-run seventh-inning shot off new Tigers reliever Joakim Soria on Tuesday night at Comerica Park in Detroit …
Jul 26, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Only Rudy York (1937) and Mark McGwire (1987) got there faster.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu has enjoyed his first look at Fenway Park, the historic venue that very nearly was his home.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 1, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Watch as White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu takes the major league lead in both home runs and RBI with this three-run homer Tuesday afternoon against the Angels …
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 29, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
The Home Run Derby may yet get more exciting if Jose Abreu reconsiders his stance on not participating.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
You likely won’t be seeing Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz in the upcoming Home Run Derby. He’s afraid the Derby will affect his swing.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:33 AM EST
Jose Abreu went deep twice and finished the night tied for the major league lead in homers with 25.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu entered play Tuesday with 22 home runs — third in MLB behind Edwin Encarnacion (24) of the Blue Jays and Nelson Cruz (23) of the Orioles. But the sensational rookie slugger doesn’t have any desire to strut his stuff in the 2014 Home Run Derby at Target Field.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
Justin Verlander turned in another rough outing last night, allowing seven runs in 5.2 innings against the White Sox. And all the damage came in the sixth inning, following five scoreless frames to begin the game.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EST
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Jose Abreu has made a good first impression on Albert Pujols and it has nothing to do with his home run total.
Jun 5, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Justin Verlander got off to a great start this season, posting a 2.48 ERA in April, but he’s looked unlike his usual dominant self since the calendar flipped to May and that continued this afternoon with a rough outing against the Blue Jays.
Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
It Jose Abreu hits the ball in the air, there’s a good chance it’s goin’ out.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
Jun 2, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
White Sox rookie Jose Abreu is back from the disabled list after missing two-plus weeks with an ankle injury.
Jun 1, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
The White Sox fell back under the .500 mark with Saturday’s loss to the Padres, but they’re still in second place in the American League Central standings and will get a big boost this week. MLB.com’s Scott Merkin reports that first baseman Jose Abreu will be activated from the disabled list Monday.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)