Jun 1, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
The White Sox fell back under the .500 mark with Saturday’s loss to the Padres, but they’re still in second place in the American League Central standings and will get a big boost this week. MLB.com’s Scott Merkin reports that first baseman Jose Abreu will be activated from the disabled list Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 26, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
White Sox rookie Jose Abreu is on the disabled list with an ankle injury, but Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that he’s been cleared to take off a walking boot and resume baseball activities.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
To say Paul Konerko respects Derek Jeter would be an understatement.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 19, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
MLB’s home run leader, Jose Abreu, was placed on the disabled list over the weekend with posterior tibia tendinitis in his left ankle, but it sounds like he might not have to miss much time.
May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
The White Sox got Adam Eaton back from a hamstring injury but lost Jose Abreu to an ankle injury.
May 15, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
There is no word for “lose” in Masahiro Tanaka’s vocabulary. It’s not even a translation thing. There is no “lose” in his Japanese or his English. He’s just a giant bag of win and dominance and stuff.
May 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu’s great start has put him in some very interesting historical company.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 5, 2014, 2:53 PM EST
Sometimes it’s an insult to be called “Mr. April.” But not in early May.
May 4, 2014, 9:41 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu took the major leagues by storm in April, setting the all-time rookie record for most home runs (10) and RBI (31) in a season’s opening month. On Saturday in Cleveland, he showed a little creativity on defense when a fielded ball got stuck in his glove …
Apr 28, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
A tie for AL Player of the Week? C’mon, guys. There are tons of weeks. Go out on a limb.
Apr 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu smacked his 10th home run yesterday and the rookie from Cuba now holds the MLB record for the most April homers and the most April RBIs (31) by a rookie in baseball history.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
We have a strong early favorite for American League Rookie of the Year honors. White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, who was signed to a six-year, $68 million contract last October after defecting from Cuba in August, slugged his MLB-leading 10th home run of the season Sunday against the Rays …
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings and with the Red Sox in town for a three-game series, the White Sox wore these “Boston Strong” shirts during pregame warmups Tuesday …
Apr 11, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Jose Abreu: country strong.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EST
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
Danny Salazar recorded 11 outs against the White Sox tonight. Ten of them were strikeouts.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)