Apr 23, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Manager John Gibbons thinks Jose Bautista will avoid a stint on the disabled list.
Apr 22, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Jose Bautista has been experiencing pain in his right shoulder for over a week and he aggravated it Tuesday night when he tried to throw out Delmon Young at first base from his position in right field.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
A wise man once said: if a cow can’t eat it, I’m not playing on it.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Turns out that, in reality, he DOES want to respect the game.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Allen Craig hit one today. Yawn.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 21, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant’s incredibly hot spring continued on Saturday as he socked another pair of dingers.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have nothing to worry about with Jose Bautista, per manager John Gibbons.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This could suggest that the Blue Jays are gonna make some more noise this offseason.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)