Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This could suggest that the Blue Jays are gonna make some more noise this offseason.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 31, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
Watch as Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista leaves the yard for the fifth time in five games Sunday afternoon against the Yankees …
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Jose Bautista’s spot in the order — and in the field — proved critical in yesterday’s loss.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 6, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista cranked this massive two-run shot in the top of the second inning Wednesday night in Toronto to put the home team ahead of the visiting Orioles 4-1 …
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EST
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jose Bautista isn’t a huge fan of the beards Athletics Derek Norris and Sean Doolittle are sporting.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 9
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 60
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)