Jul 29, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
It was Verlander’s second straight eight inning, one-run performance.
Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A hurt Miguel Cabrera and a mess of a pitching staff should have the Tigers thinking “rebuild.” But there is no indication that they will.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
We’re in the top of the seventh and substitutions are coming quickly, but the game remains tight.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
May 23, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
The Houston Astros used a 5-4-3 triple play to get out of a jam against the Tigers on Saturday.
May 1, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
The Royals are trying to no-hit the Tigers in Friday night’s game. Chris Young started and pitched five productive innings before giving way to the bullpen.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Since 2000, how often have teams that started 9-1 went on to have playoff success?
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 6, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
He faced six batters and retired them all. And he cranked it up to 99 m.p.h.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Some key players are making some encouraging strides on the health front.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Taco Bell used to explain to us what burritos are. They don’t anymore. There’s a good reason for that.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
As a special assistant, unfortunately. Not as the starting shortstop.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:08 PM EDT
Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias was given the go-ahead to begin lower-body workouts on Wednesday, six months after being diagnosed with stress fractures in both of his shins. He should be ready for the start of the 2015 season.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The White Sox outfielder is back playing and performing well following a severe shoulder injury.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
For the Tigers, today is all that matters.
Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
In eight games, Eugenio Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
This was expected, but it’s still bad news.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
The Tigers acquired Alex Gonzalez from the Orioles in late March after losing Jose Iglesias for the year and the veteran shortstop smacked a walkoff RBI single for Detroit on Opening Day. But he managed just three hits in 28 plate appearances after that and was officially released from the 25-man roster on Sunday.
Mar 28, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Detroit Tigers. The Big Question: Are the Tigers still the clear favorites in the AL Central? Detroit has won…
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 8
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 37
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)