Nov 16, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi reports that the Blue Jays front office has “established contact” with the reps for free agent infielder Hanley Ramirez, but then adds that the Jays are “not actively pursuing him now.”
Nov 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
Michael Hill, the Marlins’ president of baseball operations, was a guest Sunday on MLB Network Radio with Jim Bowden and Jim Duquette. Among the topics: the club’s future with Giancarlo Stanton …
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes committed throwing errors in back-to-back games Sunday and Monday, giving him eight throwing errors on the season compared to a career-high of nine.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Blue Jays fell behind 8-0 to the Reds after two innings, but mounted a comeback and wound up winning 14-9.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 6, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Triple plays are fun. The Cardinals turned one on Friday night against the Blue Jays.
Apr 27, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
Pretty cool note from Sunday’s series finale between the Red Sox and Blue Jays at Toronto’s Rogers Centre …
Apr 20, 2014, 8:52 AM EST
Mark Buehrle pitched seven innings of shutout ball and Jose Reyes had an RBI single in his first game back from a hamstring strain as Toronto rolled to a 5-0 win over the Indians on Saturday afternoon in Cleveland. Buehrle yielded just four hits and is now 4-0 on the season with a 0.64 ERA in 28 innings.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays get a shortstop back, but lose their designated hitter.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes was pulled from the club’s season-opener with tightness in his left hamstring. He is expected to return to action this Friday.
Apr 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Jays are a little closer to getting two key players back.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)