Madison Bumgarner tosses 5-0 shutout in Game 5 to send Giants up 3-2 in the World Series over the Royals
Oct 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
The Giants head to Kansas City for Game 6 of the World Series against the Royals with a 3-2 series lead after Madison Bumgarner tossed a 5-0 shutout on Sunday night.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 8, 2014, 2:08 AM EST
Or at least that he’s really not looking forward to undergoing hip surgery.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Beckett may end up needing surgery, but hasn’t made a decision on that yet.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Zack Greinke skipped his usual between-starts bullpen session because of elbow soreness and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly declined to say whether he expected the right-hander to take his next turn in the rotation Thursday against the Padres.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Josh Beckett has attempted to pitch through a hip injury, but now he’s expected to head back to the disabled list.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Dan Haren finished last season strong for the Nationals, signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Dodgers this offseason, and got off to a nice start in Los Angeles.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and has been cleared to return Tuesday.
Jul 19, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
Josh Beckett hopes to rejoin the Dodgers’ rotation on Tuesday against the Pirates.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
With the break it’s good timing, so he may only miss one or two starts.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Josh Beckett: More than gravy
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
Kershaw proves perfect. Unfortunately, Hanley Ramirez wasn’t quite up to task.
Jun 13, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
A.J. Ellis injured himself celebrating Josh Beckett’s no-hitter against the Phillies. He makes his return for Friday night’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis suffered a sprained right ankle on May 25 while celebrating Josh Beckett’s first career no-hitter. It was originally described as a severe sprain, but Ellis is already set to return.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
The run of pitchers continues with the second and third picks, while Cubs take first position player fourth overall.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 125
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (125)