Madison Bumgarner tosses 5-0 shutout in Game 5 to send Giants up 3-2 in the World Series over the Royals
Oct 26, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
The Giants head to Kansas City for Game 6 of the World Series against the Royals with a 3-2 series lead after Madison Bumgarner tossed a 5-0 shutout on Sunday night.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 8, 2014, 2:08 AM EST
Or at least that he’s really not looking forward to undergoing hip surgery.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Beckett may end up needing surgery, but hasn’t made a decision on that yet.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Zack Greinke skipped his usual between-starts bullpen session because of elbow soreness and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly declined to say whether he expected the right-hander to take his next turn in the rotation Thursday against the Padres.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Josh Beckett has attempted to pitch through a hip injury, but now he’s expected to head back to the disabled list.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Dan Haren finished last season strong for the Nationals, signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Dodgers this offseason, and got off to a nice start in Los Angeles.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett is dealing with a left hip impingement, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday with no issues and has been cleared to return Tuesday.
Jul 19, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
Josh Beckett hopes to rejoin the Dodgers’ rotation on Tuesday against the Pirates.
Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
With the break it’s good timing, so he may only miss one or two starts.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Josh Beckett: More than gravy
Jun 27, 2014, 6:51 AM EST
Dear Chase: I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so alike. I’d like to meet you one day, it would be great to have a catch. I know I can’t throw as fast as you but I think you’d be impressed with my speed.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
Kershaw proves perfect. Unfortunately, Hanley Ramirez wasn’t quite up to task.
Jun 13, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
A.J. Ellis injured himself celebrating Josh Beckett’s no-hitter against the Phillies. He makes his return for Friday night’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis suffered a sprained right ankle on May 25 while celebrating Josh Beckett’s first career no-hitter. It was originally described as a severe sprain, but Ellis is already set to return.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EST
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
The run of pitchers continues with the second and third picks, while Cubs take first position player fourth overall.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (256)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)