Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
The Athletics have already traded Josh Donaldson and it’s beginning to sound like a foregone conclusion that Moss will follow him out the door.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Beane rode a promising player out of town on a rail.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After coming over the Cubs in 2008, Josh Donaldson emerged as a star in Oakland.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Many were caught off guard by the big Josh Donaldson trade with the Blue Jays last night. Athletics GM Billy Beane did his best to explain his rationale.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:34 PM EST
The A’s cleared some space on their roster following the Josh Donaldson trade by designating Kyle Blanks and Josh Lindblom for assignment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Brett Lawrie and a couple of minor leaguers are headed to the Athletics in exchange for Josh Donaldson.
Nov 5, 2014, 7:48 PM EST
Josh Donaldson is arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter and is likely to command a big sum of money, but the cost-conscious A’s aren’t even considering trading the star third baseman.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
The A’s went all-in and busted. Now what will Billy Beane do?
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)