Mar 26, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Mets are keeping an eye on the Dodgers and Rockies as they look to replace Josh Edgin.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Josh Edgin undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery leaves the Mets especially lacking in lefty reliever candidates.
Mar 15, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
The 28-year-old southpaw posted a shiny 1.32 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, and 28/6 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings last season for the Mets, who now have a huge hole at left-handed relief.
Mar 14, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
The Mets are on the lookout for lefty relievers with Josh Edgin battling left elbow issues.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
His ligament is not torn, but it is compromised.
Mar 10, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He was expected to be the top lefty arm out of Terry Collins’ pen.
Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Below mostly pitched as a starter last season with the Tigers’ Triple-A affiliate.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Mets closer Bobby Parnell went on the disabled list after a perfect inning of relief on July 30 and did not return, eventually undergoing surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck. It was an unfortunate end to his first season as the team’s full-time closer, as he had a 2.16 ERA and 22…
Dec 29, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Mets are “scouring” the market for bullpen help. He mentions Jose Valverde, Francisco Rodriguez and Matt Capps among those still available, but it’s unclear whether the Mets have any interest in those specific pitchers. Frank Francisco had surgery earlier this month to remove a bone spur from his…
Sep 20, 2012, 5:40 AM EDT
Braves 3, Marlins 0: Kris Medlen continues his astounding second half, shutting out the Marlins for eight innings. The Braves have won his last 21 starts, which is the most any team has won any one pitcher’s starts since the Yankees and Whitey Ford from 1950-53. Is there any doubt who will be starting the…
Aug 25, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey is still very much alive in the conversation for the National League Cy Young award. The knuckleballer tossed seven innings of one-run ball this afternoon at Citi Field as part of a 3-1 win over the Astros. The strong performance helped the Mets snap a six-game losing streak. Dickey actually got the Mets…
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)