Mar 26, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Mets are keeping an eye on the Dodgers and Rockies as they look to replace Josh Edgin.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Josh Edgin undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery leaves the Mets especially lacking in lefty reliever candidates.
Mar 15, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
The 28-year-old southpaw posted a shiny 1.32 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, and 28/6 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings last season for the Mets, who now have a huge hole at left-handed relief.
Mar 14, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
The Mets are on the lookout for lefty relievers with Josh Edgin battling left elbow issues.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
His ligament is not torn, but it is compromised.
Mar 10, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He was expected to be the top lefty arm out of Terry Collins’ pen.
Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Below mostly pitched as a starter last season with the Tigers’ Triple-A affiliate.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
Jan 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Mets closer Bobby Parnell went on the disabled list after a perfect inning of relief on July 30 and did not return, eventually undergoing surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck. It was an unfortunate end to his first season as the team’s full-time closer, as he had a 2.16 ERA and 22…
Dec 29, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Mets are “scouring” the market for bullpen help. He mentions Jose Valverde, Francisco Rodriguez and Matt Capps among those still available, but it’s unclear whether the Mets have any interest in those specific pitchers. Frank Francisco had surgery earlier this month to remove a bone spur from his…
Sep 20, 2012, 5:40 AM EDT
Braves 3, Marlins 0: Kris Medlen continues his astounding second half, shutting out the Marlins for eight innings. The Braves have won his last 21 starts, which is the most any team has won any one pitcher’s starts since the Yankees and Whitey Ford from 1950-53. Is there any doubt who will be starting the…
Aug 25, 2012, 4:58 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey is still very much alive in the conversation for the National League Cy Young award. The knuckleballer tossed seven innings of one-run ball this afternoon at Citi Field as part of a 3-1 win over the Astros. The strong performance helped the Mets snap a six-game losing streak. Dickey actually got the Mets…
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)