Aug 20, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Hamilton has mostly struggled for the Rangers.
Aug 18, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The outfielder showed great promise in 2013, tallying 22 home runs and 22 stolen bases in 151 games, but he’s batted just .238/.300/.347 over the last two seasons.
Aug 15, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Watch all five of Jackie Bradley, Jr.’s extra-base hits in Saturday’s 22-10 win against the Mariners.
Aug 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox ran roughshod over the Mariners again on Saturday, scoring 22 runs after putting up 15 on Friday.
Aug 13, 2015, 5:12 PM EDT
Hamilton’s nightmare season continues apace
Jul 31, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
In a night of several walkoffs — including a walkoff walk — Jason Castro had the biggest, helping Houston complete the sweep of the Angels.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has a .954 OPS in 10 games with the Rangers. The problem is he’s only played in 10 games.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
“We’ll leave it at that.”
Jul 1, 2015, 3:13 PM EDT
For better or worse, owner Arte Moreno is standing with Scioscia.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Gallo played 25 games in his first taste of the big leagues.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Hamilton went 4-for-12 with three RBI in four rehab games for Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Round Rock.
Jun 27, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Gallo has never played center field before. That’s about to change.
Jun 25, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s expected to move to Triple-A for a game Thursday.
Jun 23, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Hamilton suffered a Grade 2 left hamstring a week into his return to Texas and will wind up missing about a month.
Angels vice president of marketing and ticket sales resigns after quotes about poor fans anger owner Arte Moreno
Jun 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two weeks from quotes to not having a job.
Jun 20, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton’s return to the Rangers lasted just seven games before he went down with a strained left hamstring on June 1, but he’s close to game action.
Jun 16, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Why? Because Cardinals owner Bill DeWitt is the Bob Kraft to Rob Manfred’s Roger Goodell.
Jun 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
With DeShields out, Joey Gallo is making his first major league start in left field tonight against the Dodgers.
Jun 12, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
Angels GM Jerry DiPoto will lead the organization through the 2016 season after the club picked up the final option on his contract.
Jun 5, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
The Angels are catering to a richer crowd in 2015, which has at least temporarily made up for a significant drop in attendance.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Hamilton had played in just seven games — tallying two homers, two doubles, five runs scored, and five RBI — since officially rejoining Texas on May 25.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Hamilton has played seven games in his return to the Rangers.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 31, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton sent the Rangers to an unlikely victory with a walk-off two-run double in the ninth inning on Sunday against the Red Sox.
May 29, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton hit his first home run of the season on Friday night against the Red Sox.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (250)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)