Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 24, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Angels slugger Josh Hamilton won’t appear in a game before the end of the regular season, but he’s confident that he will be ready for the playoffs.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has received a lot of pain-killing injections lately, as the veteran has battled shoulder and rib cage problems over the last two weeks.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Hamilton rejoined the Angels’ lineup Tuesday after sitting out 10 games with a right shoulder injury, but he missed last night’s game and is out of the lineup again tonight with more shoulder problems.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
Josh Hamilton is in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Mariners for the first time in 10 games, batting sixth and serving as the club’s designated hitter. Hamilton had been sidelined since September 4 with a left shoulder injury.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia acknowledged to reporters on Tuesday evening that there is growing concern about the status of Josh Hamilton’s injured right shoulder, noting that the recovery process “doesn’t look like it’s going in the right direction.” The hope is that another round of cortisone injections will help the cause.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Josh Hamilton is missing a fifth straight game Tuesday due to discomfort in the back of his right shoulder and his lack of progress with the injury is beginning to worry Angels manager Mike Scioscia.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Last year at this time Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto was on the hot seat, but now with the team in first place and headed for a 15-20 game improvement owner Arte Moreno has picked up his 2015 option.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Fortunately, the Angels have a nice cushion in the AL West at the moment.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
What’s wrong with the Angels’ left fielder?
Aug 17, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mike Scioscia was critical of outfielder Josh Hamilton after a three-strikeout performance on Saturday, following Friday’s four-strikeout performance.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Angels used Fernando Rodney’s bow-and-arrow against him in a come-from-behind win on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The second half began in style last night, including a marathon between the Mariners and Angels. Here’s a quick of recap of Friday’s action.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
We’ll probably watch it tonight. But it’ll still be boring old hat. Let’s freshen things up a bit.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)