Apr 8, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
A harrowing but necessary read from Jeremy Horton of The Classical.
Huston Street hired an agent for the first time since 2012 to negotiate an extension with the Angels
Apr 8, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Street saved 17 games with a 1.71 ERA for the Angels after coming over from the Padres in mid-July.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has supporters in the Angels’ clubhouse amid the controversy involving his relapse with drugs.
Apr 3, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
The Angels have a lot more to answer for than Josh Hamilton does.
Apr 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
This situation may get even uglier.
Apr 3, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
An arbitrator rules that Hamilton did not fail to comply with his treatment program under the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement, meaning that Hamilton is eligible to rejoin the Angels immediately.
Apr 2, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Everything you need to know about the AL West in one handy, dandy package
Mar 31, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Street is without an agent, representing himself, and has said he won’t negotiate after Opening Day.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
With Trout, all things are possible.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Clark adds that the leaks “are cowardly, undermine the integrity of our collectively bargained agreements and in some instances have been wholly inaccurate.”
Mar 5, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
The union and the league are butting heads, but the deadlock should soon be broken.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:43 AM EDT
And the fact that they are being leaked is unconscionable
Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
A four-person panel appointed by Major League Baseball to decide how Josh Hamilton should be handled following his recent relapse that involved at least cocaine has reportedly reached a stalemate.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton’s punishment for using a drug of abuse may end up not being much of a punishment at all.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
But Major League Baseball is also trying to be “compassionate,” and is thus still not close to a decision.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:29 AM EDT
I am confident that Major League Baseball will help Josh Hamilton find the help he needs. I do hope, however, that whatever else they do to him does not contribute to the tendency to treat addicts as miscreants.
Feb 25, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from sources that Hamilton had a relapse “a couple months back” that “involved at least cocaine.” Heyman says Hamilton confessed to MLB officials that he used.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
General manager Jerry Dipoto would only confirm that Hamilton is in New York meeting with MLB officials, declining to offer any further details.
Feb 20, 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
“It could be as much as 12 weeks.”
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 3, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
Hamilton initially injured his right shoulder in late 2014, missing most of September, and the symptoms resurfaced last week during an offseason workout.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Meghan King Edmonds and Katie Chadwick Hamilton, the wives of Jim and Josh respectively, will appear on the tenth season of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez wrote earlier this month that it’s unlikely Josh Hamilton will finish out his five-year, $125 million contract as a member of the Angels and that a trade may even be coming this season — in the third year of the five-year deal. But we can probably rule out a reunion with the Rangers.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
The Angels will eventually try to trade Josh Hamilton, MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez writes.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 103
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 152
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (152)