Sep 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Fortunately, the Angels have a nice cushion in the AL West at the moment.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
What’s wrong with the Angels’ left fielder?
Aug 17, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mike Scioscia was critical of outfielder Josh Hamilton after a three-strikeout performance on Saturday, following Friday’s four-strikeout performance.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Angels used Fernando Rodney’s bow-and-arrow against him in a come-from-behind win on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The second half began in style last night, including a marathon between the Mariners and Angels. Here’s a quick of recap of Friday’s action.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
We’ll probably watch it tonight. But it’ll still be boring old hat. Let’s freshen things up a bit.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
Watch as Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton battles the rain to rob White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham of a first-inning solo home run Wednesday night in Chicago …
Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
Two weeks ago the Angels demoted Grant Green to Triple-A despite his .359 batting average in 22 games, but now he’s back in the majors.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Angels center fielder Mike Trout and A’s center fielder Coco Crisp exchanged spectacular wall-straddling catches in the early innings of Wednesday night’s game in Anaheim.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Hamilton hasn’t missed a beat. Nor have the Angels.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Angels superstar center fielder Mike Trout was removed from Tuesday’s game against the Astros due to lingering stiffness in the middle of his back and he is not in Anaheim’s starting lineup on Wednesday night. But the situation is looking up.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Angels outfielder Mike Trout sat out Saturday and Sunday in Oakland because of stiffness in his back. He tried to return for Tuesday’s series-opener in Houston, but that stiffness hasn’t gone away …
Jun 3, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Out since April 8 following thumb surgery, Josh Hamilton is off the disabled list and back in the Angels’ starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Astros.
May 26, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton suffered a bone bruise in his left thumb during a rehab game last Thursday.
May 16, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Meanwhile, the Angels are hanging around and looking dangerous.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)