Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
The former MVP underwhelms in Game 1 versus the Royals.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has played in just one game since September 4 due to shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but the 33-year-old outfielder took batting practice, threw some long toss, and ran the bases on Tuesday afternoon and has declared himself ready for the ALDS, which begins on Thursday.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has been limited to just one game since September 4 due to right shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but he’s still hopes to be ready for the upcoming division series.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 24, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Angels slugger Josh Hamilton won’t appear in a game before the end of the regular season, but he’s confident that he will be ready for the playoffs.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has received a lot of pain-killing injections lately, as the veteran has battled shoulder and rib cage problems over the last two weeks.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton rejoined the Angels’ lineup Tuesday after sitting out 10 games with a right shoulder injury, but he missed last night’s game and is out of the lineup again tonight with more shoulder problems.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Mariners for the first time in 10 games, batting sixth and serving as the club’s designated hitter. Hamilton had been sidelined since September 4 with a left shoulder injury.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia acknowledged to reporters on Tuesday evening that there is growing concern about the status of Josh Hamilton’s injured right shoulder, noting that the recovery process “doesn’t look like it’s going in the right direction.” The hope is that another round of cortisone injections will help the cause.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is missing a fifth straight game Tuesday due to discomfort in the back of his right shoulder and his lack of progress with the injury is beginning to worry Angels manager Mike Scioscia.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Last year at this time Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto was on the hot seat, but now with the team in first place and headed for a 15-20 game improvement owner Arte Moreno has picked up his 2015 option.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Fortunately, the Angels have a nice cushion in the AL West at the moment.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
What’s wrong with the Angels’ left fielder?
Aug 17, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia was critical of outfielder Josh Hamilton after a three-strikeout performance on Saturday, following Friday’s four-strikeout performance.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)