Jun 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Apr 29, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
He went under the knife 368 days earlier.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
The Padres began their overhaul shortly after signing Clint Barmes to a one-year deal. He wasn’t quite expecting to be on a team expected to seriously contend with the Dodgers in the NL West.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Johnson re-signed with San Diego after giving the Padres zero value on a one-year, $8 million last season.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Another comeback attempt in San Diego.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 AM EDT
The Padres have gone crazy this week. The latest: acquiring Justin Upton and his big bat for a couple of prospects.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in late April.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Injuries have limited Morrow to just 87 2/3 IP in the majors over the past two seasons, but that hasn’t stopped teams from expressing interest.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Josh Johnson, a perpetual comeback candidate, has drawn interest from five or six teams.
Nov 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
He missed the entire season following Tommy John surgery.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The worst fears are realized.
May 12, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Josh Johnson is out for the season following a second Tommy John elbow surgery and never even got to throw a regular season pitch for the Padres, but now he’s keeping busy by coaching the other pitchers on San Diego’s staff.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
Another sad chapter in Josh Johnson’s injury wrecked career, as the right-hander will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery without ever throwing a regular season pitch for the Padres.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Josh Johnson’s arm injury woes continue. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, the right-handed starter is still being bothered by discomfort in his forearm and will be examined next week by Dr. James Andrews.
Mar 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The San Diego Padres The Big Question: Can the Padres stay healthy enough to surprise? The last two years with…
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)