Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 15, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Vogt has put together one of the best all-around offensive seasons in the majors so far in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EDT
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that the White Sox and catcher Tyler Flowers have avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $950,000 contract. It was reported yesterday that the Mets could have interest if Flowers was non-tendered before tonight’s 11:59 p.m. ET deadline, but the White Sox have rendered that possibility moot. The 27-year-old stumbled in…
Nov 23, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
It’s the catcher market that has moved the most quickly in free agency this winter, with Brian McCann becoming the first elite free agent to come to terms, agreeing to a five-year, $85 million deal with the Yankees on Saturday. The other catcher deals: Carlos Ruiz – Phillies (three years, $26 million) Geovany Soto –…
Sep 14, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Indians starter Ubaldo Jimenez turned in a solid effort while the offense provided more than enough support to cut their deficit in the AL Central to five games. Meanwhile, the Tigers lost 1-0 to the Royals. The offense put up a five-spot in the fourth on a two-run home run by Asdrubal Cabrera and a…
Sep 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
As if hitting .195 after being tasked with replacing A.J. Pierzynski as the White Sox’s starting catcher wasn’t enough to ruin Tyler Flowers‘ season, now he’s undergoing exploratory shoulder surgery. Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Flowers is expected to miss 3-6 months, which means he may not be ready for the beginning of next…
Aug 13, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Twins 3, Indians 0: In only his second major league start Andrew Albers spins a two-hit shutout on a mere 102 pitches. This goes with his eight shutout innings in his first start. As a person who has been writing about baseball professionally for nearly four years, I can tell you with absolute certainty and…
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)