Apr 3, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Tomlin lost the fifth starter competition this spring and had been optioned to Triple-A.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Thanks to his mid-90s fastball and fantastic strikeout totals Salazar was a popular breakout pick for 2015.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:56 PM EDT
Chen has pitched for 10 teams in the majors and could bring his total to 11 if he makes the Indians.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Carlos Carrasco has posted a 2.30 ERA and 39/9 K/BB ratio over 43 innings since moving to the bullpen, but the Indians are giving him another shot in the starting rotation.
Feb 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
According to Tom Withers of the Associated Press, right-hander Josh Tomlin has lost his arbitration case against the Indians. Tomlin, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, requested $975,000 and was offered $800,000 from the Indians when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The 29-year-old had a tough case after missing nearly the…
Jan 17, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
There was a flurry of arbitration-related news today as players and teams scurried to reach agreements prior to the noon central deadline earlier. 39 players did not reach an agreement with their respective teams, and as such, they have exchanged salary figures with their clubs. Of note, Braves closer Craig Kimbrel filed for $9 million,…
Sep 9, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
From beat writer Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that the Indians have activated third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall from the 60-day disabled list and intend to start him on Monday evening in their series finale against the Twins. Josh Tomlin was transferred from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list…
Aug 21, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
From beat reporter Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Indians right-hander Josh Tomlin is scheduled to undergo Tommy John reconstructive surgery Wednesday on his pitching elbow. Tomlin has been on the disabled list since early last week with elbow discomfort. He paid a visit to joint specialist Dr. Lewis Yocum on Tuesday afternoon and the…
Aug 9, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Scott Radinsky has taken the fall for Cleveland’s collapse, as the Indians fired him as pitching coach less than a year after promoting him to the position. Triple-A pitching coach Ruben Niebla has been named the interim replacement. Cleveland has the second-worst team ERA in the league at 4.75, along with the second-fewest strikeouts and…
Feb 18, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Even after giving up their top two pitching prospects for Ubaldo Jimenez, the Indians couldn’t maintain their hot start last year and lost their last four games to finish under .500 at 80-82. The offseason saw them shopping from the scrap heap, which isn’t unusual, but even as they were forced to pick from largely…
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)