Dec 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
All three received invitations to major league spring training, but figure to serve as minor league depth in 2015.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
He played 11 seasons in the majors for the Marlins, Twins, Nationals, A’s, and Royals.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
A postseason legend is born
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Willingham can still smack the occasional homer and draw walks, but he has a .212 batting average dating back to last season.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Eric Hosmer has been sidelined for nearly a month with a stress fracture in his right hand.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Willingham, 35, is batting .210/.345/.402 with 12 home runs and 34 RBI over 68 games this season.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
It’s been a rumor for a good while, but now it’s going where rumors go when they die.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com the Twins “really want to move” left fielder Josh Willingham before Thursday’s trade deadline, but a source tells him “I don’t think they’re getting any bites.”
Jul 27, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Yankees are eyeing Twins outfielder Josh Willingham, who would require less of a committment in years and money than Alex Rios and Marlon Byrd.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EST
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
May 30, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
In addition to being one of the best all-around players in baseball so far this season Twins second baseman Brian Dozier apparently goes around bragging about how he can solve a Rubik’s Cube in under two minutes.
May 26, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
Minnesota’s offense has gone in the tank after getting off to a shockingly strong start this season, but today the Twins get a pair of their best hitters off the disabled list in right fielder Oswaldo Arcia and left fielder Josh Willingham.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)