Apr 23, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
Playing shallow, ranging back, hauling it in. Makes it look easy when it very certainty is not.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Mets are locking up one of the best defensive center fielders in the game.
Mar 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the return of Matt Harvey and the offseason signing of Michael Cuddyer propel the Mets into contention?
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Sep 23, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Lagares finishes his sophomore season hitting .283 with four homers and a .706 OPS in 115 games, which along with spectacular defense makes him one of the 10 most valuable all-around center fielders in baseball according to Wins Above Replacement.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
There isn’t much time left in the regular season, which may mean Mets fans won’t see Juan Lagares patrol the outfield until spring training in 2015.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Lagares has dramatically out-performed expectations offensively this season, hitting .283 with four homers and a .706 OPS in 115 games, and his defense in center field has always been Gold Glove caliber.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Eric Campbell stole home against the Phillies, helping the Mets improve to 12-5 against their NL East rival this season.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Something special is going on at Citi Field. Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless over six innings while Jake Peavy has been perfect against the Mets through six.
The umpires let the Mets challenge a “neighborhood play” last night. They’re not supposed to do that.
Jul 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Hey, here’s a neat idea: let’s challenge non-challengable plays to see if they should be challenged! Could be cool?
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 2, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard thought he had his 12th home run of the season tonight, but Mets center fielder Matt den Dekker had other ideas.
Jun 2, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Mets center fielder Juan Lagares is headed back to the disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle one month after coming off the disabled list following a hamstring injury.
May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Jayson Werth’s numbers are good, but not quite where they have been in previous years. Has he been unlucky?
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
May 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Lagares must’ve run over Terry Collins’ dog or something.
May 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Juan Lagares ended up missing the minimum 15 days with a hamstring injury.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Two injury stories so far today, two bits of good news.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
The Mets’ outfield may be two men down for a little while.
Apr 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
After being benched Friday, Ike Davis played hero for the Mets on Saturday afternoon by slugging a walk-off grand slam.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)