Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Sean McAdam of CSN New England, the Red Sox have named right-hander Clay Buchholz their Opening Day starter.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Feb 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Ben Cherington will serve as the GM of the Red Sox beyond the 2015 season, according to a report.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
The Red Sox have extended Farrell’s contract through 2017 with an option for 2018.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Masterson was the Red Sox’s second-round draft pick in 2006.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The AL Central seems to be particularly fond of free agent pitcher Justin Masterson.
Nov 16, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Justin Masterson had a dreadful 2014, posting a 5.88 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in 128 2/3 innings between the Indians and Cardinals, but the free agent right-hander is already drawing a decent amount of interest on the open market as clubs look to the bargain bin for potential reclamation projects.
Nov 13, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
The Indians are considering bringing back Justin Masterson.
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Overall this season the impending free agent has a 6.03 ERA in 25 starts for the Indians and Cardinals.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Which, in all likelihood, will be his last start for the Cardinals this year.
Aug 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
So far at least a change of scenery hasn’t done Justin Masterson any good.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As first relayed by MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch, the Cardinals have recalled right-hander Carlos Martinez from Triple-A Memphis, optioning lefty reliever Kevin Siegrist in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Aug 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Shane Robinson over Oscar Taveras?
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)