Dec 11, 2014, 8:33 AM EST
Morneau won the NL batting title in 2014.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 16, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Watch as Rockies first baseman Justin Morneau goes deep to give the MLB All-Stars a 4-1 lead over Samurai Japan on Sunday night at the Tokyo Dome …
Nov 15, 2014, 7:38 AM EST
One of them was this fellow, Kazuhisa Makita. Who I suspect may be a bit of a submarine pitcher.
Minnesota columnist: Paul Molitor will crack down on those wimpy players with piddly little concussions
Nov 5, 2014, 7:56 AM EST
We’re up to round 179 of “Joe Mauer is soft” in Minnesota. And it’s frankly sickening.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Johnson was acquired from the Pirates last year.
Oct 2, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
He’s currently managing in the Twins’ farm system at high Single-A and made headlines in 2013 for starting a brawl by tackling the opposing manager.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Behold, one of the worst “hot takes” you’ll see.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Morneau is under contract for next season at a reasonable $6.75 million salary, so the Rockies weren’t inclined to give him away cheaply.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
We interrupt this regular old Tuesday night to inform you that Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner is working on a perfect game at San Francisco’s AT&T Park. He has not allowed a hit or a walk through seven innings and he’s thrown just 78 pitches despite striking out nine Colorado hitters. Updates to come.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Buxton collided full-speed with the right fielder while trying to make a diving catch and was unconscious for several minutes before being taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Michael Cuddyer, dealing with a broken left shoulder socket, could begin a rehab assignment as early as next week.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A strained neck put Justin Morneau’s comeback season on hold, but the Rockies have activated the first baseman from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Justin Morneau was finally healthy and productive again after three injury wrecked years in Minnesota, to the point that he nearly made the All-Star team as a “Final Vote” candidate and was chosen for the Home Run Derby. But now he’s hurt again.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 11:52 PM EST
Cespedes repeats. And a new Home Run Derby format fizzles.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)