Oct 2, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
He’s currently managing in the Twins’ farm system at high Single-A and made headlines in 2013 for starting a brawl by tackling the opposing manager.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Behold, one of the worst “hot takes” you’ll see.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Morneau is under contract for next season at a reasonable $6.75 million salary, so the Rockies weren’t inclined to give him away cheaply.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
We interrupt this regular old Tuesday night to inform you that Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner is working on a perfect game at San Francisco’s AT&T Park. He has not allowed a hit or a walk through seven innings and he’s thrown just 78 pitches despite striking out nine Colorado hitters. Updates to come.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Buxton collided full-speed with the right fielder while trying to make a diving catch and was unconscious for several minutes before being taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer, dealing with a broken left shoulder socket, could begin a rehab assignment as early as next week.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A strained neck put Justin Morneau’s comeback season on hold, but the Rockies have activated the first baseman from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Justin Morneau was finally healthy and productive again after three injury wrecked years in Minnesota, to the point that he nearly made the All-Star team as a “Final Vote” candidate and was chosen for the Home Run Derby. But now he’s hurt again.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
Cespedes repeats. And a new Home Run Derby format fizzles.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Hey, remember Jose Bautista before he was Jose Bautista?
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Brian Dozier made a nifty play at Coors Field to get an out at home plate on Saturday.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Viva democracy. Especially Chicago-style democracy.
Jul 8, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Hey, it’s better than Pitbull. He performed last year. That actually happened.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 0
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 14
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 32
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)