Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
Aaron Harang was far from dominant and Andrelton Simmons made a rare pair of bad errors at shortstop, but the Braves produced 10 runs on 14 hits Saturday to beat the Diamondbacks. It was the ninth win in a row for Atlanta — the top dog in the National League East by 1 1/2 games.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
For something good. Not for striking out and costing a lot of money, surprisingly enough.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Braves most productive hitter so far this season could miss a couple of days.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
GM Kevin Towers isn’t sure if he’ll be given enough time to watch his team turn things around. The Diamondbacks enter Saturday with an MLB-worst 10-22 record.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price made the right call in challenging a first-inning ruling by the first base umpire, but was punished in several ways.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 0
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 43
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 22
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 19
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)