Nov 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
You may not agree that Kershaw is the NL MVP. But please, follow the rules and consider him.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 12, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal says it’ll be another four-year contract.
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Led by Justin Verlander at $28 million.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Brad Ausmus didn’t learn a thing, apparently, after Thursday night’s debacle.
Oct 3, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Rick Porcello is in line to start Game 4, with Anibal Sanchez in the bullpen.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“I wouldn’t be afraid to use him at any point in the game, really.”
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
It’s not expected to be an ongoing problem, but then again, not much about Justin Verlander’s year has gone as expected.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Tigers were trailing the Indians heading into the bottom of the eighth inning Saturday night at Detroit’s Comerica Park and a loss would have put them back behind the Royals — who defeated the Red Sox on Saturday — in the American League Central standings. That’s when Alex Avila came through with probably his biggest hit of what has been a tough 2014 …
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)