Kansas City Royals
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
The Royals made it interesting, but the Indians hung on for a 4-3 victory.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 16, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
Pinch-runners Jarrod Dyson and Terrance Gore proved to be the difference in a thrilling win for Kansas City.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Duffy hasn’t pitched since September 6 due to rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost wanted a strikeout, so he brought in Aaron Crow, who has the bullpen’s lowest strikeout rate.
Sep 13, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Danny Duffy will test out his left shoulder with a light bullpen session on Sunday. If all goes well, he hopes to rejoin the Royals’ rotation on Tuesday.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
In his first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery Duffy has a 2.42 ERA in 141 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
James Shields struck out eight batters and yielded just two hits over seven scoreless innings and the Kansas City bullpen kept the shutout intact as the Royals beat the Tigers 3-0 on Wednesday night at Detroit’s Comerica Park to reclaim a one-game lead in the American League Central standings.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Last season Yusmeiro Petit missed throwing a perfect game by one batter. Last month he set the all-time record for consecutive batters retired with 46. And last night he threw an 84-pitch complete game.
Sep 10, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
An out on the basepaths killed a Royals would-be rally.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Duffy exited his Saturday start in obvious discomfort after throwing just one pitch.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 6, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
The Royals saw something they certainly did not want to see at this point in the season: Danny Duffy walking off the mound with an injury.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Royals released Bruce Chen one week after designating him for assignment. The 37-year-old has not had a fun 2014 season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)