Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Nov 3, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It’ll cost them $7 million for 2015. I think they’re cool with that.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former big leaguer C.J. Nitkowski argues that the Royals should trade closer Greg Holland.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
Oct 25, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Ned Yost was hoping that Jarrod Dyson made an out last night. Really.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
After losing Game 1, the Royals have responded with two straight victories to grab a lead in the series. Can the Giants answer? That’s the big question going into Game 4.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
The Royals’ bullpen was solid, allowing only two base runners in four innings to preserve Jeremy Guthrie’s win in Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
The Giants fought back in the bottom of the sixth inning with two runs, making it a one-run game again. The Royals lead 3-2 heading into the seventh inning.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Royals bullpen is really good. So good, in fact, that you can’t really use it incorrectly, Joe Posnanski writes.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:26 AM EST
‘Tis the season of overanalysis.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Joe Posnanski looks at where they came from and just how dominant they’ve been.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
Oct 15, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Ned Yost’s team is going to the World Series. Ned Yost’s team. Ned Yost…
Oct 15, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
They swept the 98-win Angels and they swept the 96-win Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EST
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:53 PM EST
Game 2 of the ALCS is tied up at four apiece going into the ninth inning.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:34 AM EST
Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas both homered in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Royals a three-run lead as they attempt to take Game 1 of the ALCS from the Orioles.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 6
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 51
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)