Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs and 54 RBI over 131 games with the Rangers this past season.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:18 PM EST
Morales was awful in 2014 after turning down a qualifying offer.
Dec 8, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Kendrys Morales hit just .218/.274/.338 with eight home runs and 42 RBI in 98 games this past season between the Mariners and Twins, but the Scott Boras client is again aiming high on the free agent market.
Nov 30, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
Kendrys Morales is reportedly drawing serious interest on the free agent market from the Indians, Royals, and Rangers.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Oct 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
But will he accept it?
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
There’s a case to be made that Yankees closer David Robertson could become the first player to accept a qualifying offer.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Seattle missed the playoffs by one game.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
We have seen Angels superstar Mike Trout rob a few would-be home runs in the past, but this catch from last night belongs in a category by itself.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
The Mariners acquired Kendrys Morales from the Twins on Thursday for right-handed reliever Stephen Pryor, and they’re not done trying to beef up their offense.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Jesus Montero gets the boot back to Triple-A to make room for the recently-acquired Kendrys Morales.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Mariners brought back Kendrys Morales in a deal with the Twins today, but they aren’t done attempting to upgrade.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Kendrys Morales had a good first week for the Twins after sitting out the first two months of the season and then signing a one-year, $7.5 million deal in June, but he’s been horrendous since then while hitting .209 with one homer and a .524 OPS in 33 games.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
From the “no duh” files
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)