Jun 7, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig struck out in his first two plate appearances Saturday night against Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia, but the just-activated 24-year-old got it very right the third time around …
Jun 4, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is available to pitch Thursday after being held out of Wednesday’s game for precautionary reasons.
Jun 4, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
Don Mattingly was “evasive.”
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 15, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen is back with the Dodgers, though he isn’t expected to jump back into the closer’s role immediately.
May 15, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers are a good team but their bullpen let one go last night.
May 11, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen will return at long last on Saturday, but won’t immediately begin closing out games.
Apr 28, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen crossed the final hurdle of his throwing program on Tuesday afternoon at Dodger Stadium, throwing a 20-pitch simulated inning, and has been cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment Friday with High-A Rancho Cucamonga.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
Two important Dodgers are now on the shelf.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers’ thin bullpen could get even thinner if Joel Peralta needs to go on the disabled list.
Apr 15, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is starting to make significant progress in his recovery from February surgery to remove a bone growth from his left foot.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Brandon League isn’t likely to pitch for a couple of months according to manager Don Mattingly.
Mar 25, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
League was shut down about two weeks ago with shoulder pain.
Mar 17, 2015, 11:18 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that closer Kenley Jansen is off his crutches for good and played catch from a distance of 60 feet on Tuesday afternoon.
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Feb 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Bullpen depth in the wake of Kenley Jansen’s foot injury.
Feb 18, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Will the Dodgers pay the price?
Feb 17, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
Jansen will be on crutches for the next 10 days and in a protective walking boot for the next 3-4 weeks. In total, the rehabilitation process is expected to take 8-12 weeks.
Dec 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
So it’s a three-car car chase now?
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Dodgers get a potential solution for their setup man woes.
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:28 AM EDT
Mattingly might try bringing himself out of the bullpen next.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)