May 8, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
In need of infield help with Jurickson Profar and Kevin Kouzmanoff on the 60-day disabled list and Donnie Murphy hurting with a neck injury, the Rangers have decided to call up 20-year-old top prospect Rougned Odor well ahead of his expected debut timetable.
May 2, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Rangers third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff got off to a hot start as the replacement for Adrian Beltre, but he’ll have to undergo back surgery before rejoining the bench.
Apr 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rangers get Adrian Beltre back and lose the hot-hitting Kevin Kouzmanoff. They’ll take that trade-off.
Apr 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Kevin Kouzmanoff got back to the majors for the first time since 2011 and hit .362 with a 1.029 OPS in 13 games for the Rangers filling in for the injured Adrian Beltre … and now he’s hurt too.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre feels he could have managed his quad injury. The Rangers didn’t see it that way.
Apr 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
As first reported by Anthony Andro at FOX Sports Southwest, the Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 9, with a strained left quad. Hector Noesi, acquired Saturday from the Mariners, was added to the Rangers’ 25-man roster in a corresponding move.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Seth Rosin has been a busy man. Where has life taken him since December?
Jan 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
When Logan Morrison underwent season-ending surgery in September to repair the patella tendon in his right knee, many assumed that he would have enough time to be ready for Opening Day. But that may not be the case. According to the excellent Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Morrison said today that he…
Mar 30, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Kevin Kouzmanoff spent part of last season at Triple-A and he’ll begin this season back in the minors, as the Royals sent him down as part of their latest round of cuts. Kouzmanoff hasn’t been the same since the Padres traded him in January of 2010, which is odd because calling pitcher-friendly Petco Park home…
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 36
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)