Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers. Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday night at Miller Park.
Mar 21, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Milwaukee Brewers. The Big Question: Can they bounce back? The Brewers won only 74 games in 2013 after averaging…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera isn’t the only MVP changing positions. As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut. Moving from one outfield corner to…
Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Kansas City has a new starting outfielder, as the Royals announced that they’ve acquired Norichika Aoki from the Brewers for left-hander Will Smith. Aoki has been a tremendous bargain for Milwaukee since coming over from Japan two seasons ago, playing nearly every day and hitting .287 with a .355 on-base percentage, 50 steals, and quality…
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)