Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EST
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers. Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday night at Miller Park.
Mar 21, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Milwaukee Brewers. The Big Question: Can they bounce back? The Brewers won only 74 games in 2013 after averaging…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera isn’t the only MVP changing positions. As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut. Moving from one outfield corner to…
Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
Kansas City has a new starting outfielder, as the Royals announced that they’ve acquired Norichika Aoki from the Brewers for left-hander Will Smith. Aoki has been a tremendous bargain for Milwaukee since coming over from Japan two seasons ago, playing nearly every day and hitting .287 with a .355 on-base percentage, 50 steals, and quality…
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)