Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers. Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday night at Miller Park.
Mar 21, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Milwaukee Brewers. The Big Question: Can they bounce back? The Brewers won only 74 games in 2013 after averaging…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera isn’t the only MVP changing positions. As part of the Norichika Aoki trade the Brewers announced that Ryan Braun will move from left field to right field for 2014, opening up left field for Khris Davis after he showed a ton of power in a 56-game debut. Moving from one outfield corner to…
Dec 5, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Kansas City has a new starting outfielder, as the Royals announced that they’ve acquired Norichika Aoki from the Brewers for left-hander Will Smith. Aoki has been a tremendous bargain for Milwaukee since coming over from Japan two seasons ago, playing nearly every day and hitting .287 with a .355 on-base percentage, 50 steals, and quality…
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)