Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
His overall numbers, while not as ridiculously amazing as 2013, included a 2.52 ERA and 80/8 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Uehara was more or less duplicating his amazing 2013 season with a 1.27 ERA and 70/7 K/BB ratio in 57 innings through August 15 this year, but since then he’s allowed 10 runs in 4.2 innings for a 19.29 ERA.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Another bad outing last night may end the Sox’ closer’s season.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been human of late, blowing back-to-back saves and allowing a total of seven runs in his previous four appearances, which has people wondering if the 39-year-old right-hander might be wearing down.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It’s fun to play God.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 9, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been named to the American League All-Star roster in place of Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka, who is on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
As would be many other teams.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 3, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Jon Lester struck out 15 batters over eight scoreless innings in a win over the Athletics this afternoon at Fenway Park.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Mike Napoli suffered a dislocated finger on Tuesday, but only had to miss one game.
Apr 14, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
The Red Sox closer is scheduled to rejoin the team tomorrow.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Koji Uehara will try throwing tomorrow before the Red Sox decide on the next step.
Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Grady Sizemore’s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 34
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)