Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
His overall numbers, while not as ridiculously amazing as 2013, included a 2.52 ERA and 80/8 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Uehara was more or less duplicating his amazing 2013 season with a 1.27 ERA and 70/7 K/BB ratio in 57 innings through August 15 this year, but since then he’s allowed 10 runs in 4.2 innings for a 19.29 ERA.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Another bad outing last night may end the Sox’ closer’s season.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been human of late, blowing back-to-back saves and allowing a total of seven runs in his previous four appearances, which has people wondering if the 39-year-old right-hander might be wearing down.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It’s fun to play God.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 9, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been named to the American League All-Star roster in place of Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka, who is on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
As would be many other teams.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 3, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Jon Lester struck out 15 batters over eight scoreless innings in a win over the Athletics this afternoon at Fenway Park.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 17, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Mike Napoli suffered a dislocated finger on Tuesday, but only had to miss one game.
Apr 14, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
The Red Sox closer is scheduled to rejoin the team tomorrow.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Koji Uehara will try throwing tomorrow before the Red Sox decide on the next step.
Mar 31, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Grady Sizemore’s comeback story keeps getting better. Playing in his first regular season game since 2011, the Red Sox center fielder singled in his first at-bat and then homered in his second at-bat.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)