Apr 13, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Tommy Layne goes back to the minors.
Apr 12, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox are expected to get closer Koji Uehara back from the disabled list on Monday.
Apr 3, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Edward Mujica is expected to fill in for Uehara early on.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
Uehara originally strained his right hamstring on March 17 while doing conditioning drills in Red Sox camp.
Mar 17, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has not looked sharp this spring in the Grapefruit League, yielding seven hits and two earned runs in three innings. And now he’s going to have a little less time to iron things out.
Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
His overall numbers, while not as ridiculously amazing as 2013, included a 2.52 ERA and 80/8 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Uehara was more or less duplicating his amazing 2013 season with a 1.27 ERA and 70/7 K/BB ratio in 57 innings through August 15 this year, but since then he’s allowed 10 runs in 4.2 innings for a 19.29 ERA.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Another bad outing last night may end the Sox’ closer’s season.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been human of late, blowing back-to-back saves and allowing a total of seven runs in his previous four appearances, which has people wondering if the 39-year-old right-hander might be wearing down.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 9, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been named to the American League All-Star roster in place of Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka, who is on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
As would be many other teams.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 3, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Jon Lester struck out 15 batters over eight scoreless innings in a win over the Athletics this afternoon at Fenway Park.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)