Aug 11, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Machi was claimed off waivers last month.
Aug 10, 2015, 5:42 PM EDT
Junichi Tazawa is expected to take over ninth-inning duties.
Jul 18, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Anaheim’s second hit of the game was the only one that mattered.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s box scores and recaps…
May 31, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton sent the Rangers to an unlikely victory with a walk-off two-run double in the ninth inning on Sunday against the Red Sox.
May 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s making $4.75 million this season.
Apr 13, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Tommy Layne goes back to the minors.
Apr 12, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox are expected to get closer Koji Uehara back from the disabled list on Monday.
Apr 3, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Edward Mujica is expected to fill in for Uehara early on.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
Uehara originally strained his right hamstring on March 17 while doing conditioning drills in Red Sox camp.
Mar 17, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has not looked sharp this spring in the Grapefruit League, yielding seven hits and two earned runs in three innings. And now he’s going to have a little less time to iron things out.
Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Overall in two seasons with the Red Sox he threw 139 innings with a 1.75 ERA and 181/17 K/BB ratio.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
His overall numbers, while not as ridiculously amazing as 2013, included a 2.52 ERA and 80/8 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Sep 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Uehara was more or less duplicating his amazing 2013 season with a 1.27 ERA and 70/7 K/BB ratio in 57 innings through August 15 this year, but since then he’s allowed 10 runs in 4.2 innings for a 19.29 ERA.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Another bad outing last night may end the Sox’ closer’s season.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been human of late, blowing back-to-back saves and allowing a total of seven runs in his previous four appearances, which has people wondering if the 39-year-old right-hander might be wearing down.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 9, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara has been named to the American League All-Star roster in place of Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka, who is on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
As would be many other teams.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)