Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 26, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Calhoun also went 2-for-5 with three RBI at the plate, but the Angels wound up dropping their second straight game to the division-rival Rangers 7-6.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 18, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Anaheim’s second hit of the game was the only one that mattered.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Justin Verlander, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Angels.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 3, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
First it was the Giants beating the Angels when Kole Calhoun’s hard grounder to the right side of the infield struck Taylor Featherston. A few hours later, the Dodgers won in similar fashion …
May 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
A stroke of luck bailed the Giants out in the ninth inning when their bullpen went into meltdown mode.
May 2, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Albert Pujols missed two days after leaving Wednesday’s game due to left hamstring tightness, but he’s back in the starting lineup today against the Giants. While he’ll return to his standard No. 3 spot, Angels manager Mike Scioscia has made some changes with his lineup.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
Steve Bartman, is that you?
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Kole Calhoun has been out of the Angels’ starting lineup since Saturday with tightness in his right calf. He was able to pinch hit on Monday in Arlington, Texas — and even roped an RBI single — but the calf apparently didn’t respond too well to that.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
With Trout, all things are possible.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EDT
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)