Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a look at the tight AL West race.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
May 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Angels have called up former Athletics prospect Grant Green from Triple-A.
May 1, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
With the Angels missing Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun, Grant Green could see some time in the outfield.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is likely to be sidelined through most of May with a complete tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and now beat writer Jeff Fletcher at the Orange County Register reports that Kole Calhoun will miss the next 4-6 weeks with what Angels manager Mike Scioscia called a “bad ligament sprain” in his right ankle.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Already down an outfielder following Josh Hamilton’s thumb injury, the Angels have placed Kole Calhoun on the disabled list after he injured his ankle last night.
Mar 25, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Big Question: After two years of disappointments, do the Angels have a shot? There…
Feb 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
At this point, the only thing standing between the Angels and being a largely irrelevant second banana in the Los Angeles market is Mike Trout. Yeah, Mike Trout, the guy they rewarded for a historic Rookie of the Year and near-MVP campaign in 2012 by paying him $20,000 more than the major league minimum. Even…
Feb 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout started the 2013 season hitting second in the Angels’ lineup, but moved to the #3 spot when Albert Pujols went on the disabled list in late July. He produced similarly in both spots, posting a 1.015 in 405 plate appearances in the two-hole, and a .963 OPS in 223 PA batting third. With…
Sep 8, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Kole Calhoun made a fantastic sliding catch in the top of the seventh today against the Rangers. Reliever Michael Kohn was trying to hold onto a 3-2 lead with runners on second and third and one out when Elvis Andrus popped up a first-pitch fastball into shallow right-center field just behind second base.…
Aug 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
From beat writer Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com comes word that Angels outfielder Mike Trout is out of the starting lineup for a second straight game on Tuesday night due to a right hamstring strain. Trout suffered the injury during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros and might not be available until the end of…
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)